Author Topic: Oh goodie, we have a new player...  (Read 21807 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Oh goodie, we have a new player...
« on: May 05, 2015, 01:34:34 AM »
Jet Wintzer (I know you'll all have heard of him) has a made a film for some festival or other:

Sorry to raise your blood pressure...

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Re: Oh goodie, we have a new player...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 05:36:18 AM »
"Sorry, comments have been disabled by the owner of this video."

Means "I'm not confident enough in this to allow people to challenge my ideas".
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 05:36:29 AM »
Neil Armstrong "truths protective layers" quote

Colour banding on fast moving objects, guess nobody told him about the colour wheel

Light source reflected on visor. True. It's the Sun, moron.

Video signal loss interpreted as "shadows all the way out to the horizon". Nope, that'll be signal loss.

ETB bag keeps swinging indicating an atmosphere. Nope, the exact opposite is the case. It keeps swinging because there is no atmosphere to damp down the oscillation. There follows a hatload of baloney about the EBT.

Next up, Mag AS16-116 smudges. Again. He intentionally confuses the order in which mag 114 and 116 were used claiming 114 was swapped in at station 9 when it was 116.

Next, only a few people had to be in on it, everyone else performed their assigned tasks remaining blissfully unaware of the hoax. Consequence, they built working spaceships capable of going to the moon, moron.

Astronauts on wires.

Reflection of the sun=Artificial light.

Now, in a trip into bizarro land he berates other hoaxies for denigrating the brave astronauts who put their lives on the line to create the hoax and beat the russians. WTF?

Hammering sounds heard in a vacuum on the moon but not on the ISS therefore Apollo was in an atmosphere. Sound conduction and vox/ptt/open and static are beyond his ken I guess

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 05:54:45 AM »
but...but...it has spooky techno music!!

The smears one is interesting, as I do believe he has correctly identified when the smear arrived on the reseau plate, but his conclusions are total bs from there on in.

He claims that the astronauts report cleaning the reseau plate, and that the mission report says that the smearing occurred between EVA-2 and EVA-3.

The wording in the mission report is ambiguous - a simple reading of it that it implies that it occurred at some point during 2 & 3. He is being specific and pedantic in his interpretation of it being between 2 & 3 - mainly because this fits his narrative better.

The wording in the debrief is not ambiguous. At no point do either Duke or Young say they cleaned the reseau plate between EVAs, yet this is precisely what he claims they say, even though the words are in front of him.

My interpretation of events is that the magazine has some sticky residue on it, that gets lunar dust stuck to it, and when it is transferred to the camera the mechanism of opening the magazine for use smears it on the reseau.

He suggests that it may be on the lens and identifies when this might have happened, but offers no explanation as to how orange juice soaking through the chest of the suit gets on a lens that is nowhere near it. His invention of the orange juice theory then gets extrapolated into more ludicrous notions of dead astronauts by conflation of two totally imaginary scenarios.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »
but...but...it has spooky techno music!!

The smears one is interesting, as I do believe he has correctly identified when the smear arrived on the reseau plate, but his conclusions are total bs from there on in.

He claims that the astronauts report cleaning the reseau plate, and that the mission report says that the smearing occurred between EVA-2 and EVA-3.

The wording in the mission report is ambiguous - a simple reading of it that it implies that it occurred at some point during 2 & 3. He is being specific and pedantic in his interpretation of it being between 2 & 3 - mainly because this fits his narrative better.

The wording in the debrief is not ambiguous. At no point do either Duke or Young say they cleaned the reseau plate between EVAs, yet this is precisely what he claims they say, even though the words are in front of him.
His claim is that 114 was swapped in at station 9 on EVA 2 and that the smears first appear at that time and that all of the shots taken with cam 39 between the LM and station 9 were clear, thus proving that the smear was introduced at station 9.

In reality, the smear was introduced in the LM between EVA 1 and EVA 2. 114 was in camera during EVA 1 frames  18383-18443. On EVA 2 frames 18444-18470 exhibit the smear, so clearly it was introduced during the sojourn in the LM between EVA 1 and EVA 2. While in the LM, as well as the cleaning attempt, cam 39 had mag 114 removed and replaced with mag 107. 114 was never used on EVA 3 so the whole house of cards falls.
116, however was entirely shot on EVA 3 and has the smear in every shot. No other mags were used on cam 39, so the sequence of events with cam 39 seems to be:

1. Mag 114 was used on cam 39 from the outset of EVA 1.
2. In the LM, between EVA 1 and EVA 2 some cleaning was performed and mag 114 was replaced with mag 107. In the process, mag 114 was contaminated.
3. EVA 2 proceeded as normal with cam 39 loaded with mag 107.
4. When mag 107 was expended on cam 39 it was replaced with the contaminated mag 114.
5. The contamination was transferred to the reseau plate of cam 39.
6. The remainder of mag 114 was then expended on EVA 2 using cam 39.
7. For EVA 3, cam 39 was loaded with mag 116. Every shot exhibits the smear. 114, having been exhausted, was not used on any camera for EVA 3.
8. Only mag 116 was used in cam 39 on EVA 3, no others were used.

So, really, there is no anomaly. I have no idea what he thinks this proves.

My interpretation of events is that the magazine has some sticky residue on it, that gets lunar dust stuck to it, and when it is transferred to the camera the mechanism of opening the magazine for use smears it on the reseau.
Between EVA 1 and EVA 2 they attempted to clean up the cameras. Seems to me that is when the gunk was unintentional smeared on the reseau plate by whatever means.

He suggests that it may be on the lens and identifies when this might have happened, but offers no explanation as to how orange juice soaking through the chest of the suit gets on a lens that is nowhere near it. His invention of the orange juice theory then gets extrapolated into more ludicrous notions of dead astronauts by conflation of two totally imaginary scenarios.

The whole OJ baloney is hilarious.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:50:27 AM by Abaddon »

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 07:56:50 AM »
The bit after this with the rings on the OPS is hilarious.

He is adamant that he has found some new undocumented thing, when the thing he points out is on the same page he got his initial photo from.

I agree that what caused the smear was done in the LM, and also on the sequence of events - I don't think we're saying anything that conflicts :) What I take issue with is his reading one set of words and deciding it means another. It's pretty evident that he has never cleaned anything with a dirty cloth.

He is doing the typical hoaxy thing: researching something badly, taking a single isolated fragment, blowing all kinds of hot air over it and by the time he's done it just doesn't fit back in with anything else.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 03:36:27 PM »

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
Oh.  My.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 02:07:48 AM »
Yeah, 'Wow!' is right. Don't the other birther crazies see a problem having him as one of their number? Or are they all just as far gone, just not as obviously?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »
The thing is, the "birther" thing is the only CT other than Apollo that I have a hard time fitting into the available evidence.  You can find ways for Kennedy and 9/11 to be a conspiracy and still work with what we know to be true, not requiring explosive rebar or other such nonsense.  But Apollo requires too many people to say secret and the Obama thing . . . frankly doesn't make sense.  I suppose someone could have planted that birth announcement in the Honolulu paper, but why?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 01:07:21 PM »
I suppose someone could have planted that birth announcement in the Honolulu paper, but why?

Just in case..   :-X

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »
I suppose someone could have planted that birth announcement in the Honolulu paper, but why?

Just in case..   :-X

Because, like, to everyone in 1961 it was so totally obvious that a black man with an Arab middle name born that year would become President.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 03:34:43 PM »
For anyone who doesn't know, it's this loon.

http://www.thefogbow.com/birther-claims-debunked1/birther-cast-and-crew/lawyers/leo-donofrio/

Wow...just..I mean...

I suppose the pseudo-factual claims merit some review at Clavius, but giving this nut-job more attention is not something I relish.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams