Author Topic: Possible Data Breach Warning  (Read 203 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Possible Data Breach Warning
« on: April 01, 2021, 07:58:52 AM »
Just had this come up as a warning... Is anyone aware of this on here?

Bryanpoprobson
••••••••••
Found in data breach
Just now
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Possible Data Breach Warning
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 10:18:19 AM »
Are you using Chrome?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 04:24:03 PM »
Occasionally..
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 08:32:34 PM »
Are you using Chrome?
Never.
A colleague and I spent the better part of three days uninstalling Chrome, so that the infected computer could do emails again.  I have been very careful to watch those add-ons when installing other software that carries Chrome with it.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 07:02:57 AM »
Occasionally..

It now tells you if your username and passwords have been breached. The warning it displays sounds like the one that you received.

Are you using Chrome?
Never.
A colleague and I spent the better part of three days uninstalling Chrome, so that the infected computer could do emails again.  I have been very careful to watch those add-ons when installing other software that carries Chrome with it.

Sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing if it took 3 days to install a browser....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 02:04:53 AM »
It was referring to this site, this was my concern.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 05:35:22 PM »
Occasionally..

It now tells you if your username and passwords have been breached. The warning it displays sounds like the one that you received.

Are you using Chrome?
Never.

Sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing if it took 3 days to install a browser....
We were uninstalling, as it takes maybe 2 minutes to install, but uninstalling finding all the links and files that point to Chrome was a bother.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan