Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 5879 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2021, 04:39:55 AM »
Yes--you're lucky enough to have sick leave.
Yes, living in northern Europe has its perks.

Living in a civilised country might be a better description...
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2021, 07:52:06 AM »
Yes--you're lucky enough to have sick leave.
Yes, living in northern Europe has its perks.

Living in a civilised country might be a better description...

That too :-\

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2021, 01:58:20 PM »
  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-55920046

Crazy woman harasses hospitals. Look, it's a pandemic not a zombie apocalypse. There shouldn't be the groans of the dying in every corridor. That's what the Nightingales are for. Also, hospital numbers are coming down anyway.

But what's more important is that the website front page described her as a conspiracist. This means that Jay has made it mainstream (something never said about anyone from Utah ever).

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2021, 04:09:26 PM »
I may have popularized its usage, but I certainly didn't coin the word.  I thought I had at the time I wrote the bulk of Clavius.org, in the early 2000s.  But since then I have seen it print sources that easily predate my usage.  It's just an "obvious" word, I guess -- a word you don't know for a fact has been used before, but employs the language properly to make the word self-defining.  Thanks for the shout-out, though.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams