Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: The Artemis Program
« Last post by Peter B on December 04, 2023, 09:14:04 AM »
(about an hour)

Smarter Every Day video of a talk by Destin at the American Astronautical Society.

He seemed to be challenging NASA with awkward questions about Artemis, but I would be curious to know what the Brains Trust here thinks of his questions.

Cheers

Peter
The Hoax Theory / Re: R.I.P. SG Collins
« Last post by smartcooky on December 04, 2023, 12:10:35 AM »
I have downloaded the two Moon Hoax Debunk videos and have them stored both on my computer and the cloud.

How many M's or G's do they take up?

"Moon Hoax Not"
H264
720P
13m 8s
41.8 MB

"For Jarrah"
H264
720P
16m 46s
62.3 MB
« Last post by bknight on December 03, 2023, 09:40:00 PM »
I have downloaded the two Moon Hoax Debunk videos and have them stored both on my computer and the cloud.

How many M's or G's do they take up?
« Last post by smartcooky on December 03, 2023, 09:35:44 PM »
« Last post by bknight on December 03, 2023, 07:54:43 PM »
Hopefully his work stays archived.
Personally, I have those two bookmarked.
« Last post by Ranb on December 03, 2023, 07:15:58 PM »
Hopefully his work stays archived.
The Hoax Theory / R.I.P. SG Collins
« Last post by beedarko on December 03, 2023, 02:46:57 AM »
Our friend SG Collins passed away a short while back, and I just learned of it this evening. 

I consider his YouTube video entitled "Moon Hoax Not", and his followup response to The BFDU to be some of the best Apollo hoax debunking work ever produced, and undoubtedly had an impact on the millions of people who viewed it.  Collins was creative, humorous, soft-spoken and extremely talented at his filmmaking craft.  I admired him greatly, drew inspiration from him, and will miss him.

As legacies go, contributing to the overall betterment of society by reducing ignorance isn't a bad one to leave behind, and Collins nailed that one beautifully. 

May he rest in peace.

General Discussion / Re: Recent Claim by Musk concerning hot 2nd stage start
« Last post by bknight on November 26, 2023, 02:26:23 PM »

A video recorded in Florida of the flight from the point of the Starship explosion (visible in top left), showing remnants.
Only one comment.  It appears that the vehicle is tumbling and yet from BC vantage no tumbling was observed.

Sorry, not sure I follow. I didn't know there were post-explosion videos of Starship from Boca Chica.

I saw somewhere (on Youtube but I cannot remember which channel) that this is a video taken after the RUD not before it, of only part of the top half of the second stage, a piece which survived the explosion, flipping over and over as it fell out of the sky.
If the RUD was a result in the FTS, then that didn't work so well.  Scott Manley suggested in one of his videos, that there may have been a leak in the oxygen system, look at the oxygen and methane graphs closely, oxygen is GT methane up until almost the RUD, then there was the RUD with oxygen below methane, seemed like a leak fueled the RUD.  But the "upper" portion of the starship seems reasonable. thanks
« Last post by smartcooky on November 26, 2023, 02:06:14 PM »

A video recorded in Florida of the flight from the point of the Starship explosion (visible in top left), showing remnants.
Only one comment.  It appears that the vehicle is tumbling and yet from BC vantage no tumbling was observed.

Sorry, not sure I follow. I didn't know there were post-explosion videos of Starship from Boca Chica.

I saw somewhere (on Youtube but I cannot remember which channel) that this is a video taken after the RUD not before it, of only part of the top half of the second stage, a piece which survived the explosion, flipping over and over as it fell out of the sky. 
« Last post by sts60 on November 25, 2023, 09:26:43 PM »
I haven’t really followed Starship development.  But it clearly won’t be ready for a nominal 2025* lunar landing mission.  In addition to the vehicle accomplishing the controlled flight profiles that will be necessary, the crew systems will all need to built, integrated, and tested - I have no idea of their development status, but the execrable safety record of Musk-run companies, and my general contempt for Musk as a human being in general and an American in particular, likely colors my uninformed viewpoint.

*I don’t know if that’s still the advertised date.  I’ve been more in the line of discouraging (rather assertively) things from flying, rather than encouraging them to do so, lately.

P.S. (waves) Hi, everybody.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]