Author Topic: Now THAT'S Funny!  (Read 32521 times)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
Now THAT'S Funny!
« on: January 13, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »
I laughed so hard at the end of this YouTube exchange that I just had to share it:

Brettkenster:
Sorry buddy Joe Rogan already debunked the moon landing on Penn's radio show when he schooled some know nothing named Phil something or another!

(Another Poster):
Why don't you give me an example of how a TV face like Rogan "schooled" a PhD in astrophysics?

Brettkenster:
Okay well for one the proofs told by the "Phd" meant nothing for example he says there are reflectors well Russia put reflectors without putting a man on the moon,the fact that all his proofs aren't persuasive enough to silence people from showing that it could have easily been faked and the fact that one of the head guys retired weeks before the launch after years of working on this, plus the return pod looked fake as hell , So yeah I don't see a reason to be sure we went.

Noldi400:
"... it could easily have been faked..." Then why is it that not one - not one, mind you - of the Hoax Believers has presented a reasonable, consistent scenario that explains how this supposed 'giant conspiracy' could have been carried out, beginning to end. Not Kaysing, nor Rene, nor Sibrel, nor White, nor any of the others. All any of you seem to be able to do is pick out things you don't understand and point to them as 'evidence' of something.

Brettkenster:
You are missing what I am saying, what I am saying in short is that the burden of proof has not been meet, I am not saying I can prove it was faked I cant, I am saying YOU have yet to prove it wasn't to the point where I would say someone who denies it is insane , BTW did you see both debates with Joe Rogan?

Noldi400:
I did hear both debates. And, despite what you would like to think, since the Apollo missions are an established historical fact, the burden of proof falls upon anyone who makes the "extraordinary claim" that they were faked.

Brettkenster:
You don't get to shift the burden based on anything but demonstrable evidence. What you just said was stupid on so many levels that I no longer wish to speak to you due to your retarded nature.

I always hate it when my "retarded nature" gets the best of me.

Anyone else have an especially entertaining exchange they'd like to share?
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
Re: Now THAT'S Funny!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:47:56 PM »
Did you tell him Rogan has changed his opinion and now believes men walked on the Moon?

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:49:08 PM »
Typical HB numpty.  There is plenty of evidence.  It is the HB's who allege that evidence is fabricated.  The burden of proof is therefore on them to show that.

Otherwise, they are setting up a Kobayashi Maru.  No evidence will be acceptable to them because they will just say it could have been fabricated.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
Did you tell him Rogan has changed his opinion and now believes men walked on the Moon?

Did he?  I was unaware.  Do you know why?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 12:53:28 PM »
Neil deGrasse Tyson was on Rogan's show and Rogan says he believes we went to the Moon but some of the photographic record was faked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DhcxffIENBU

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 02:35:55 PM »
Oh yes, I've heard that one before.
Generally, it involves aliens at some point and sometimes radiation.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
Rogan remains a conspiracy creep with little understanding of the basis of knowledge, he just changed his mind about this particular one. He clearly didn't reason his way into believing in a moon hoax and didn't reason his way out of it either.  It doesn't serve his purposes anymore, so he has moved on.   Props to Tyson for going on his show.  Tyson is one of the few people that has the presentation skills to meet Rogan and his ilk in their own medium and best them.  He is unflappably jovial and sticks to the points he wants to make.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 04:31:40 PM »

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
Wearing his snazzy vest, even!  (Man, I love that guy's astronomy-themed clothes!)
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »
Better than what Mr. Kent is wearing. Seriously, that is a simply awful costume. :o

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 06:58:54 PM »
Rogan says he believes we went to the Moon but some of the photographic record was faked.
That's not a widespread view, but it's increasingly common. And it baffles me. It's the worst of both worlds; you go to all the trouble of actually going to the moon, yet by faking photos you give your adversaries (like the Russians) potential ammunition against you that could largely negate the entire achievement in the eyes of the world. Why?

My theory is that this is an intermediate, face-saving position for the (relatively) more rational HBs. Adherents to this view used to think that the landings were faked, but have since learned of the overwhelming evidence of their reality. Insisting that (some of) the photos were faked is a way to rationalize their former beliefs, to claim that they had at least some justification for them.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:20:20 PM by ka9q »

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 07:14:45 PM »
Neil deGrasse Tyson was on Rogan's show and Rogan says he believes we went to the Moon but some of the photographic record was faked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DhcxffIENBU

Where does he say this....that's a really long interview to wade through...and Rogan pushes my irritation button very quickly.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 07:33:20 PM »
I always hate it when my "retarded nature" gets the best of me.
I also chuckle whenever someone uses the words "retard" or "retarded" as synonyms for "idiot" and "stupid". Those were words I heard every day in grade school and maybe junior high (middle) school, but not so much after that. And that was nearly half a century ago (!). So when I read them today, I always visualize the writer as someone who never left the 4th grade.

When the controversy about Ann Coulter's use of those words broke a few months ago, I was one of the few who thought she should continue to use them as often as she liked. I could think of no better way for her to reveal her true nature. But I did have a misgiving: she graduated (somehow!) from the same university as me, and she's given us all a bad name.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »
Tyson gives an entertaining and passionate talk about how religious fundamentalism destroyed a once-flourishing Islamic scientific community, and how it's now destroying us.

He gave a talk that covered at least some of that material at my alma mater a couple of years ago.  And, yeah, I have no interest in Dawkins; he's deliberately antagonized people like me, meaning he's solely preaching to the choir.  Tyson tries to educate.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »
I laughed so hard at the end of this YouTube exchange that I just had to share it:

That is a funny exchange, the kind of stuff that needs to be done more often.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett