Author Topic: Getaway special for 9-11 conspiracy theorists  (Read 31799 times)

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
Getaway special for 9-11 conspiracy theorists
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »
Do you believe 9-11 was a hoax? An inside job? Well, do we have a vacation offer for you!

Come to the beautiful rolling foothills of the Pennsylvania Appalachians and visit the Flight 93 National Memorial in Stoystown next September 11. There is now a visitor center, small museum, paved walkway, and memorial wall at the site of the Flight 93 (alleged) crash. The entrance provides an excellent place for you to make speeches and pass out leaflets.

As an added entertainment, the park will be inundated with several hundred motorcyclists, participating in an increasingly popular annual pilgrimmage to the site.

And best of all: it's free!
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline BazBear

• Mars
Re: Getaway special for 9-11 conspiracy theorists
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:14:34 PM »
A great idea AstroBrant! That would be the perfect venue for these brave, patriotic twoof...err...truth seekers to disseminate their message. The bikers should be an especially receptive audience!
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 01:49:16 PM »
A great idea AstroBrant! That would be the perfect venue for these brave, patriotic twoof...err...truth seekers to disseminate their message. The bikers should be an especially receptive audience!

Yeah, anonymity is no protection when a studded leather glove is embedded in one's face. ;D
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »

Yeah, anonymity is no protection when a studded leather glove is embedded in one's face. ;D

What a great line!!

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »

The Flight 93 memorial was one of my last stops on my recently completed 8-month grand tour of the continental 48 in my 5th wheel. I was there on September 12. Even so, about 20 bikers were there. I heard that the day before, the line of bikers coming in was about a mile long. I'm hoping to spend next summer in New England. I'll go to the memorial on 9-11 as I come back south. I'll see if my ad attracted any ambitious, (and equally foolish), twoofers. Good video material.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »
There's something about truthers that makes me want to put them all in a big field and tell them off in a very strict voice.

I don't feel at all the same way about any other conspiracy theories; Apollo, JFK, bin Laden's death, birthers, Diana's death, Prince Harry's parentage, chem trails. It seems that most events have a conspiracy theory attached, but 9/11 twoofers truthers really make me seethe.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:56:06 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 09:33:55 PM »
....tell them off in a very strict voice.

All I could think of was the "strict voice" of an Uzi. I am sure that is not what you meant.   
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »
There's something about truthers that makes me want to put them all in a big field and tell them off in a very strict voice.

9/11 Twoof has to be just about the most stupid conspiracy theory ever, especially when we get into the weird world of "no planers" and the suggestions that mini-nuclear weapons were used to bring the towers down.

But worse than that, the very suggestion that it was all faked is an affront to the thousands of people who died in the attacks, and it is particularly insulting to the memory of the first responders lost in the tragedy; NY's finest and most courageous, and their families. Disgraceful!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 04:46:42 AM »
....tell them off in a very strict voice.

All I could think of was the "strict voice" of an Uzi. I am sure that is not what you meant.

I was leaving it for others to find alternatives for 'strict voice' as I felt using the term 'napalm them' was not befitting for use with the gentle folk of this forum.  ;)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 04:57:41 AM »
9/11 Twoof has to be just about the most stupid conspiracy theory ever, especially when we get into the weird world of "no planers" and the suggestions that mini-nuclear weapons were used to bring the towers down.

Mini nuclear weapons? Where do these people get their ideas from?

But worse than that, the very suggestion that it was all faked is an affront to the thousands of people who died in the attacks, and it is particularly insulting to the memory of the first responders lost in the tragedy; NY's finest and most courageous, and their families. Disgraceful!

That's how I feel, especially when the truth costs $70 for a DVD or book. It is one of the reasons that my normal measured approach to Apollo hoax believers becomes disgust when I see David Percy's smug face and hear his pretentious waffle. He wants to sell the truth, portraying himself as a worldly sage with that horrendous pseudo-erudite charm, when he couldn't hold up a candle to a single person that worked on Apollo. I deplore those that market 'truth' but then there is something about twoofers truthers that brings out the very worst in me.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:54:07 AM by Luke Pemberton »

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 06:01:49 AM »
Yeah. I'd especially like to see an encounter at that memorial between a twoofer and a relative of one of the people who died on that airplane.

I'd like to think the twoofer would have the dignity and good sense to keep his mouth shut, but I doubt it.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 06:03:53 AM »
I'd like to think the twoofer would have the dignity and good sense to keep his mouth shut, but I doubt it.

I see what you did there, you used the term 'good sense' and 'twoofer' in the same sentence. That was careless for a normally well considered writer  ;)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 06:05:46 AM »
I've never met a twoofer truther. I'm not sure how I would react if I did.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 06:13:34 AM »
I've certainly met enough online (mainly on Youtube) but never in person.

Seems rather funny now that I think about it. Maybe they're a big conspiracy, and don't really exist.

Or maybe they just never leave their basements.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 06:50:40 AM »

Mini nuclear weapons? Where do these people get their ideas from?

You thought I was kidding, didn't you?

http://www.henrymakow.com/911_-_nukes_caused_this_devast.html
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.