Off Topic > General Discussion

Visiting New Zealand

(1/1)

Obviousman:
Can some locals give advice about things to see & do in NZ? We planning to fly into Auckland on a Saturday (in Oct 22), spend a couple of days there before getting a cruise ship back to Oz.

We'll be in each of the following ports for a day, mostly getting alongside at 0800 and sailing at 1800:

- Tauranga
- Christchurch (Lyttelton)
- Dunedin (Port Chalmers)

Looking for space / aviation / technology attractions. Something my wife will really enjoy.......

Suggestions?

smartcooky:

--- Quote from: Obviousman on April 28, 2022, 12:29:54 AM ---Can some locals give advice about things to see & do in NZ? We planning to fly into Auckland on a Saturday (in Oct 22), spend a couple of days there before getting a cruise ship back to Oz.

We'll be in each of the following ports for a day, mostly getting alongside at 0800 and sailing at 1800:

- Tauranga
- Christchurch (Lyttelton)
- Dunedin (Port Chalmers)

Looking for space / aviation / technology attractions. Something my wife will really enjoy.......

Suggestions?

--- End quote ---

Not much in the way of space technology here. Unlike SpaceX's mission control facility at Hawthorne, Rocketlab Mission Control in Auckland is closed to the public.

I haven't lived in the North Isand, let alone Auckland, for over 40 years, but the Museum of Transport and Technology is worth visiting...

https://www.motat.nz/

Peter B:
In Tauranga you could visit one of my nephews!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version