Author Topic: Banned members  (Read 113027 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Banned members
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »
I have banned Scott, it is pretty clear he is just a sock puppet of DavidC/Rocky who was first banned all the way back in 2007.
Didn't even last a day, but he should have known as he has been banned way before I joined.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2016, 11:50:14 PM »
I have banned Scott, it is pretty clear he is just a sock puppet of DavidC/Rocky who was first banned all the way back in 2007.
The Hoaxer of a Thousand Names returns! But, as usual, not for long. ;D
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »
I have banned timfinch for 5 days for trolling and insults like this:

Maybe this will solve the issue for all except Abaddon who is mentally challenged.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2018, 12:32:54 PM »
Timfinch has been permanently banned. I tried to give him an opportunity to earn his way out of being under moderation and he became argumentative and rude.

Just a reminder: I am under no obligation to allow rude people to participate in this forum.

Offline nweber

• Venus
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »
Well that knocks a few of the less important things off of my to-do list.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2018, 01:06:35 PM »
Counting down to a ban from Cosmoquest as well now. How much more obvious does his trolling have to be?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2018, 06:56:11 PM »
Shame in a way. I would have liked to see him dig a hole as big as he wished.

Kudos for Jason, though.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2018, 09:00:21 AM »
I don't understand why the mods haven't banned him already?  LO you know this but I suspect there may be a sock forming in the membership wings.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2018, 11:04:27 AM »
Timfinch has been permanently banned. I tried to give him an opportunity to earn his way out of being under moderation and he became argumentative and rude.

I couldn't come here for about ten days and when I returned there was this massive thread.  I'm only up to page 130, so plenty more to go.

I marveled at the incredible patience of some our members who stuck with the clown and politely repeated themselves over and over because he repeated himself so often, didn't really understand them, and didn't do as some suggested to educate himself. He impressed me as generally a much better-educated HB than many we've had here and at least he could write competently, but his overall approach to the subject was just as poor as many of the others.

To me, Timfinch portrayed himself as a one-eyed dogmatist who is probably an attention-seeker, didn't want to learn, has more ego than brains, and the attitude of "Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is already made up."

In fact, I wonder if he even read JayUtah's post No. 934 on page 63, which I thought was an excellent, powerful and accurate description of Timfinch's behaviour.
http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=1444.msg44373#msg44373

My favourite quotes, below, certainly seem to fit him.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:14:49 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »

I couldn't come here for about ten days and when I returned there was this massive thread.  I'm only up to page 130, so plenty more to go.

I marveled at the incredible patience of some our members who stuck with the clown and politely repeated themselves over and over because he repeated himself so often, didn't really understand them, and didn't do as some suggested to educate himself. He impressed me as generally a much better-educated HB than many we've had here and at least he could write competently, but his overall approach to the subject was just as poor as many of the others.

To me, Timfinch portrayed himself as a one-eyed dogmatist who is probably an attention-seeker, didn't want to learn, has more ego than brains, and the attitude of "Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is already made up."

In fact, I wonder if he even read JayUtah's post No. 934 on page 63, which I thought was an excellent, powerful and accurate description of Timfinch's behaviour.
http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=1444.msg44373#msg44373

My favourite quotes, below, certainly seem to fit him.

That was one of his best in the short time I have been here.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
I have banned cambo for pushing the dangerous conspiracy theory that the COVID-19 virus is not as deadly as it is made out to be, and that it is being hyped up by the government and/or media for political reasons. I will not allow conspiracy theories that could endanger people.

I have banned MBDK for no other reason than because I don't like him. I'm a tolerant guy, and I have put up with countless conspiracy theorists over the years even though I strongly disagree with them. But I can't deal with people like MBDK right now.

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2020, 09:18:01 PM »
I have banned MBDK for no other reason than because I don't like him.
I think there should be a better reason required for banning someone, than this one.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2020, 10:09:12 PM »
I think there should be a better reason required for banning someone, than this one.

I put up with him insulting the other members of the forum for months, and finally had enough today. Good enough?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2020, 11:50:07 AM »
I mean, perhaps ironically, he was showing textbook conspiracist behaviour--he was constantly moving goalposts, he was accusing us of being blind to the truth, and if he didn't use the word "sheeple," it was definitely on the horizon.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline NthBrick

• Venus
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2020, 04:05:42 PM »
Yeah, I'm not necessarily sure about MBDK based on my reading of the conversations.

That said, our favorite moron cambo had it coming. :P