Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Other Conspiracy Theories / Re: Alex Jones - Sandy Hook defamation trial
« Last post by Peter B on November 15, 2021, 11:51:41 PM »
Looks like it's happened again: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-16/alex-jones-sandy-hook-conspiracy-liable-damages/100623160

A US judge has found Infowars host Alex Jones liable by default in a defamation case brought by parents of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in 2012...

The ruling by Connecticut Judge Barbara Bellis — who cited Mr Jones's refusal to abide by court rulings or turn over evidence — means a jury will determine how much in damages Mr Jones should pay to the families.
General Discussion / Re: Kids say the darnedest things...
« Last post by Bryanpoprobson on November 15, 2021, 06:44:45 PM »
So at the weekend I went to my eldest grandsons soccer match, as I sponsored their new kit. It was also Remembrance Day in the UK and a two minute silence was held. It was very well respected by all, until, with 30 seconds to go my 2yo Grandson thought the silence was a great time to start singing nursery rhymes at the top of his voice. Trying to shhh him just made it worse, luckily everyone found it quite amusing and he did make everyone smile.

Team photo from the event..

« Last post by Kiwi on November 09, 2021, 10:25:42 PM »
Peter B, good to hear about you showing them Venus. I was doing the same at my local primary school (ages 5 to 13) at noon today.

Monday was even better with the moon close to Venus, but being on the coast we had sea fog roll in for about two hours on three occasions from morning to early evening, so didn't have many chances to see them in blue sky. The fog was mostly well above ground and quickly formed into very low cumulus clouds, which rose as they moved inland. However, the evening fog cleared away early so we got a spectacular sight with both the moon and bright Venus much closer still in dark sky, plus Saturn and Jupiter a little further along the ecliptic.   
« Last post by Peter B on November 09, 2021, 04:18:50 AM »
Today I got the kids to move fast, then stand still for an extended period of time.

I invited them to come outside (at around 4pm) to see Venus in a daytime sky.

They came outside, and they all stood around staring into the sky until they spotted it.

And frankly, I thought it was a pretty cool thing to see too.
« Last post by jfb on November 08, 2021, 06:39:59 PM »
... comparing Kamala Harris and Dan Quayle....
"You say potato, I say potatoe"  ;D

Yep.

And the story about not learning Latin when talking about Latin America.

And the Murphy Brown story.

All three kids were laughing in disbelief.

Over time I have chosen to be charitable to Quayle.  As Republicans go, he was pretty harmless (as a friend of a friend pointed out at the time, he was the one Senator that Bush could afford to lose).  He could have been a genius on par with Newton, but should never have been allowed in front of a live mic without a script and a staffer to dive on it like a live grenade as soon as he started to wander. 

« Last post by Peter B on November 08, 2021, 07:42:31 AM »

Yep.

And the story about not learning Latin when talking about Latin America.

And the Murphy Brown story.

All three kids were laughing in disbelief.
« Last post by molesworth on November 08, 2021, 06:51:03 AM »
« Last post by Peter B on November 08, 2021, 04:44:37 AM »
8YOD asked at dinnertime how the Vice President of the USA is chosen (it was part of a story discussing and comparing Kamala Harris and Dan Quayle...no, never mind).

We didn't have time to answer then, but after dinner I took her aside and explained it to her. This then led to further questions, and more after that.

The discussion finished forty minutes later, but only because she had to go to bed...
General Discussion / Re: ISS incident July 2021
« Last post by Obviousman on November 04, 2021, 08:05:06 PM »
Thank you, everyone!
General Discussion / Re: ISS incident July 2021
« Last post by Trebor on November 04, 2021, 06:57:12 PM »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]