Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 478822 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #990 on: January 21, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »
More than 2 minutes listening to him waffle on about hinges or erections should pretty much convince the vast majority of sane people that expattaffy is quite a few slices short of a full loaf. The guy is a card-carrying, fully paid-up member of the lunatic fringe.

The other funny thing about taffy, he started foul-mouthing me, he has done it with astrobrant2 and bertieslack. He then blocks us on youtube, then makes the claim we have been silenced. :D :D Total fruit loop..
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #991 on: January 21, 2016, 01:01:29 PM »
More than 2 minutes listening to him waffle on about hinges or erections should pretty much convince the vast majority of sane people that expattaffy is quite a few slices short of a full loaf. The guy is a card-carrying, fully paid-up member of the lunatic fringe.

The other funny thing about taffy, he started foul-mouthing me, he has done it with astrobrant2 and bertieslack. He then blocks us on youtube, then makes the claim we have been silenced. :D :D Total fruit loop..
Currently he is ignoring me, but I don't post ON HIS VIDEOS, so I'm not blocked.  However, I agree with your analysis.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #992 on: January 21, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »
Did you know taffy was an author.. read a review on Amazon. :) :)
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1SMR57SXASNSM/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt ie=UTF8&ASIN=B006OW2GBO&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=283155&store=books#wasThisHelpful
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #993 on: January 21, 2016, 01:19:59 PM »
 William Swithin??
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #994 on: January 21, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »
Yep. Totally bonkers.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #995 on: January 21, 2016, 01:49:28 PM »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #996 on: January 21, 2016, 01:56:13 PM »
William Swithin??

That's him.. :)
I asked him once if he got his engineering degree out of a cereal box? :)  Evoked a large amount of swearing and disbelief that I WOULD question his credentials.
Eugene Cernan

Online Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #997 on: January 21, 2016, 03:11:36 PM »
Wow. I downloaded a sample of that book onto my Kindle app. Man...there's some whacked out ideas in that. Plus, a shed load of attitude. Truly, this guy is a weapons - grade fruitcake of the highest order.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:59:47 PM by Zakalwe »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #998 on: January 21, 2016, 03:13:46 PM »
Wow. I downloaded a sample of that book onto my Kindle app. Man...there's some whacked out ideas in that. Plus, a shed load of attitude. Tuly, this guy is a weapons - grade fruitcake of the highest order.
WMD? :)

Erm
WMS! ;D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:16:14 PM by bknight »
Eugene Cernan

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #999 on: January 23, 2016, 05:21:38 PM »
Didn't Jay go into the desert for the Zig-Zag productions and show this wasn't the case. Did Jay also use a Hasselblad with the same Ektachrome?

Correct.  E-6 at ISO 160 did not show stars.  The longest exposure I used was f/5.6 1/60, for the studio light.  Coincidentally that night was the brightest Mars in years, but it took f/2.8 1/4, ISO 800 on the other camera I brought for it to show up.
Was the Ektachrome SO-160 film used on the lunar surface the same as today's Ektachrome 160T? T for Tungsten, I'm guessing.
What Jay said.  The formulation of the film itself has been improved over the years, and the processing has changed as well.  I'm not up with the technical details of what the changes were, but the look of the film (contrast/colour balance/dynamic range) and the grain size and structure certainly changed.  Not a huge amount, but enough for an amateur (who also shot weddings commercially!) to notice.  And it was daylight film, not the T (yes, tungsten/incandescent) variety, of course.

I don't think there is a 'today's' ektachrome though - it's discontinued (2012-ish I think?).  If anything marked the symbolic death of film, that was it (although I'd argue it was when my beloved Kodachrome died..).

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #1000 on: January 23, 2016, 08:55:14 PM »

Currently he is ignoring me, but I don't post ON HIS VIDEOS, so I'm not blocked.  However, I agree with your analysis.

Just seen a couple of his videos. I think it's more likely he's trying to ridicule the hoaxers, the claims are so ridiculous even the likes of Percy, White, White, Sibrel, Rene wouldn't come up with this guff. Would they?   :o

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1001 on: January 23, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »
I get a totally different impression from taffy, both in his videos and in conversations with him.
an example of one of his posts.
HEY PRICK. ONE OF MY BEST DISCOVERIES AGAIN.
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-36-5327HR.jpg
Now before I disclosed this fake the description by NASA was
A PHOTO OF THE COMMAND MODULE TAKEN BY NEIL ARMSTRONG FROM THE WINDOW OF THE LEM AS THEY ORBITED TO MOON
HA HA HA that has now been deleted idiot. Zoom up the photo and also brighten it up, what have we got?
1/ a square photo of the command module pasted on with Photoshop. and
2/ a rectangular photo in the bottom left which nasa claims was the edged of the window, again pasted in with Photoshop
OH AND NOTICE THE WHISTLE BLOWERS CLUE INSERTED BOTTOM RIGHT WHICH IS NOT VISIBLE IN THE ORIGINAL PHOTO HA HA HA what a gullible fucking idiot
Sooner or later you are going to have to accept one thing
EXPATTAFFY IS NOW THE KING
HA HA HA
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #1002 on: January 23, 2016, 09:21:56 PM »
I get a totally different impression from taffy, both in his videos and in conversations with him.
A PHOTO OF THE COMMAND MODULE TAKEN BY NEIL ARMSTRONG FROM THE WINDOW OF THE LEM AS THEY ORBITED TO MOON
HA HA HA that has now been deleted idiot. Zoom up the photo and also brighten it up, what have we got?
2/ a rectangular photo in the bottom left which nasa claims was the edged of the window, again pasted in with Photoshop
OH AND NOTICE THE WHISTLE BLOWERS CLUE INSERTED BOTTOM RIGHT WHICH IS NOT VISIBLE IN THE ORIGINAL PHOTO HA HA HA what a gullible fucking idiot
HA HA HA

Weird.  1) It's not been deleted and 2) when I increase brightness I don't see what he sees.  So completely disconnected from reality.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #1003 on: January 23, 2016, 09:31:57 PM »
HA HA HA

Weird.  1) It's not been deleted and 2) when I increase brightness I don't see what he sees.  So completely disconnected from reality.
Precisely what I thought.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #1004 on: January 24, 2016, 02:17:09 AM »
I wondered whether he was talking about the description of photo, not the photo, which is correct in the ALSJ. It is clearly not the CSM it's the SIV-B, and when you look at it in the context of the rest of the magazine it obviously couldn't be.

The Apollo Image Atlas has it described as 'Earth', and this is because that's what it says in the original Photography Index. One mistake transcribing notes compounded by another one.

What he's talking about is what happens when you adjust the levels in the image (rather than just the brightness):

It's this kind of sloppy editing to improve the look of the images that is what sends these idiots frothing at the mouth. They forget that the original images have been out there long before Photoshop was invented, and other scans (like the Apollo Image Atlas one) don't show this.