Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479003 times)

Offline Mag40

• Mars
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #630 on: August 09, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »
No, FattyDash is the name Cosmored/RockyC goes by on JREF.  That was never Tekeli.

His JREF id is Fatfreddy88.......Fattydash was the old apollohoax id of the original Doc Socks Tekeli. These mad fools do get about......but Cosmored is the worst. There are a couple of videos on YT showing the hundreds of forums he's spammed on.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #631 on: August 09, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »
I can't keep track of the identities of everyone.

But, the "fattydash" on the proboards incarnation of the ApolloHoax.net forum wasn't the link-spammer, was he? e.g. http://apollohoax.proboards.com/post/91370

Just reading the Fattydash thread again is frustrating. I won't miss his complete evasion of critics.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #632 on: August 11, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
Whoops, my mistake.  Yes, fattydash was Tekeli.  FatFreddy, aka FatFreddy88, is Cosmored.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #633 on: August 11, 2013, 10:23:06 PM »
Whoops, my mistake.  Yes, fattydash was Tekeli.  FatFreddy, aka FatFreddy88, is Cosmored.
Those two have had so many sock puppets between them, it's an easy mistake to make.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #634 on: August 11, 2013, 10:29:20 PM »
No, FattyDash is the name Cosmored/RockyC goes by on JREF.  That was never Tekeli.

His JREF id is Fatfreddy88.......Fattydash was the old apollohoax id of the original Doc Socks Tekeli. These mad fools do get about......but Cosmored is the worst. There are a couple of videos on YT showing the hundreds of forums he's spammed on.
And those videos appropriately use the Monty Python Spam song as background music.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #635 on: August 12, 2013, 09:40:43 AM »
Those two have had so many sock puppets between them, it's an easy mistake to make.

They almost deserve their own entry on clavius:

http://www.clavius.org/bibcast.html - anonymous internet trolls and their sockpuppets

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #636 on: August 12, 2013, 04:34:09 PM »
Apparently, Doc Socks popped his socks.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?pid=165635040#fbLoggedOut

Please do not engage in grave stomping.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #637 on: August 12, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »
Some have speculated that he has faked his death.  At the very least he appears to have written his own obituary.  I wouldn't put faking it past him but I personally doubt it.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #638 on: August 12, 2013, 04:57:44 PM »
Apparently, Doc Socks popped his socks.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?pid=165635040#fbLoggedOut

Please do not engage in grave stomping.
Wow, that's an awfully young age to go. I found his sock puppetry tiresome (though also sometimes a bit funny, as he seemed capable of writing in only one style, no matter what persona he was trying to put on), but I never wished ill upon him.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #639 on: August 12, 2013, 05:03:22 PM »
Some have speculated that he has faked his death.  At the very least he appears to have written his own obituary.  I wouldn't put faking it past him but I personally doubt it.
I hadn't even consider that possibility; but now that you mention it that obit sure sounds like his writing. That said, unless some good evidence of fakery turns up I'm going to assume it's legit.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #640 on: August 12, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »
Wasn't there some evidence that Dr Socks was someone else, using this man's identity, qualifications and achievements?
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #641 on: August 12, 2013, 05:29:56 PM »
I hadn't even consider that possibility; but now that you mention it that obit sure sounds like his writing. That said, unless some good evidence of fakery turns up I'm going to assume it's legit.

At about the same time the obit showed up someone tried to register here praising the doc and wanting to discuss Apollo, essentially looking like a sock of him.  It is possible that it was someone else but seemed suspicious.  Another forum member said he was trying to track down the death certificate to be sure.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #642 on: August 12, 2013, 07:04:48 PM »
There are 135 entries in the obit guest book. A glance through them shows none of them were aware of his deranged online persona or chose not to speak ill of the dead.

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #643 on: August 13, 2013, 12:49:32 AM »
I note in the obituary it refers to:
In 2010, Pat's design of the "Dr. Tea" road bike won the Best of Show..
and then:
To pay tribute to Pat privately... rigorously question authority.

I am 99.9% satisfied that Dr Patrick Tekeli was indeed Dr Socks.  Apart from all the clues that are online, I also make that judgement on the basis of extensive matching details and 'patter' in some quite lengthy emails he sent to me directly from a gmail account (commencing '49ersrule..' and signing off as 'Ted Dooley' - another alias Tekeli has used on Youtube).  Those emails seemed to have been prompted by a warning I made to him at a forum about impersonating people, including me, to which I took a very dim view indeed..

The content of those emails was, frankly, disturbing - just like some of his posts and identities..  I'm thinking particularly of some of his foulmouthed posts at AboveTopSecret as 'Decisively' and BAUT as 'Dastardly', where he 'feigned'/implied literacy issues and/or mental illness (perhaps to somehow justify to himself what he was posting?).

Anyway, in those emails to me he admitted to most (not all) of the identities and gave many personal details that match the bio's and obituary - he even gave me his number to ring which I checked but didn't use...  So if it was a false identity, it was *very* deeply researched and contrived.

When I responded to the first email (quite politely) as a test I asked him a couple of questions to which I already knew the answer.  In the course of another lengthy email he failed that test and lied to me, so I replied and told him I was not interested in any further conversation as it was clear he had no good intentions whatsoever.

Now I'm sure there may be a troll or two about who may use this development to play games and fake his re-appearance, but to me it all 'seems legit'..

..and I for one will not miss him in the slightest.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #644 on: August 13, 2013, 02:03:51 AM »
As I said for Jack White, about the  worst thing that can be said of someone is the world is bettered by their absence.