Author Topic: Any flight simmers here?  (Read 24025 times)

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
Re: Any flight simmers here?
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2013, 05:46:56 AM »
A head's up for all Prepar3d folk:

Lockheed Martin will be bringing out V2.0 any tick of the clock.

Major changes include multi core processing, volumetric fog, upgraded shading and scenery rendering, and a whole bunch of modifications to the coding which hasn't really changed in the MS code since inception!

www.prepar3d.com
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Trebor

• Earth
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
I flight sim a bit... in X Plane though.

I did look at Prepar3d not sure I want to migrate to it though. Do they do a trial?

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2013, 05:09:51 PM »
How accurate are the orbit models in these spaceflight simulators? I want to study some interplanetary gravity-assist trajectories, and that requires a lot of attention to detail.

Offline scooter

• Venus
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 11:37:40 PM »
FSX, Otbiter 2010, maybe Prepar3D in the future. My son is a Kerble fanatic...

Finally built a new system that could run FSX, belong to a very old VA (Lynx). I hadn't flown a real plane since the 70s, and I'd swear that all the simming kept me "current" to the point that I was handed the keys after 2.1 hrs dual (after about 21 years non-flying)...I opted for another couple hrs dual to get the "comfort factor" back up...

I remember back during a shuttle mission, I downloaded the current orbital numbers (the guys at the Orbiter site updated them a lot), and was looking down at the Earth in Orbiter, with NASA TV going on TV. They had the "look down" view selected during the sleep period, andm aside from a few second delay on the Orbiter display, the views were virtually identical...it was astounding to watch.

Lots and lots of addons, their SpaceX Dragon is great fun. Wish some of the deniers could play with Orbiter, just to see how orbital mechanics work. Great Apollo addons available as well...

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2020, 01:41:49 PM »
I'm going to revive this old thread because Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is coming out on August 18th and I am super excited for it.

It uses detailed satellite imagery and AI to generate 3D buildings and terrain that closely matches the real world. Depending on where you live, you should even be able to find your own home represented in the simulator. It also has an impressive weather model.

I look forward to doing a virtual tour of major landmarks around the world.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:42:40 PM by LunarOrbit »
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »
I still have Flight Sim 2000 but haven't installed it on this PC... and haven't played with it for years (I haven't flown as Pilot-in-Command for years, either!).

I wonder if I should?