Author Topic: Questions regarding the (alleged) Apollo soundstage.  (Read 23980 times)

Offline Dinorupe

• Mercury
Questions regarding the (alleged) Apollo soundstage.
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:54:31 AM »
Hi guys first things first im an Apollo nut and not in any way supporting a hoax theory!
My questions for the hoax advocates are
1.If there is a breeze on the flag (ie its an external set) why do subsequent photos claim to show stage lights?Is the stage outside or inside????
2.In the various photos why cant we see any stagehands,directors,lights or any other equipment  bar the LM.
3.If we are supposed to be able to see stars why cant we see any in the photo showing the flag waving?
I figure its time they were subject to their own criticism!

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
Re: Questions regarding the (alleged) Apollo soundstage.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:57:12 AM »
Sensible questions. Sadly you won't get sensible answers from any hoax advocate because a) we don't have many here anyway, and b) sensible answers don't actually occur to them. They just warp reality to fit their skewed vision of events.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Dinorupe

• Mercury
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:06:16 AM »
I just figured id put them out there and hopefully get a reply from reasonable advocate!
I joined the rather hilarious David Icke forums to ask the same questions but they believe the earth is hollow...

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:11:43 AM »
I just figured id put them out there and hopefully get a reply from reasonable advocate!
I joined the rather hilarious David Icke forums to ask the same questions but they believe the earth is hollow...

And filled with lizards, or something.

Dinorupe, welcome to the boards.   :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:28:56 AM by Andromeda »
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Dinorupe

• Mercury
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:19:58 AM »
I joined here because im all for hoax theories (as a form of entertainment) but the sheer militancy of the hoax sites and sheer denial of date that is readily available put me off!

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:33:38 AM »

I think that I can see why you might have a problem....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 06:41:28 AM »
I always thought they were arguing that the filming was done on an indoor soundstage and that the flag waved because...erm...someone accidentally left a door open and there was a draught...Of course, that doesn't explain why said breeze didn't also kick up dust.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 09:02:04 AM »
I always thought they were arguing that the filming was done on an indoor soundstage and that the flag waved because...erm...someone accidentally left a door open and there was a draught...Of course, that doesn't explain why said breeze didn't also kick up dust.
Remember, it was dustless dirt.  Sifted and washed so that potentially aerosolized particles were removed, while being fine enough to look like sand.

Dinorupe, your questions are great for pointing out the contradictions within the ideas proposed by various hoax proponents and even contradictions by individual hoax proponents.  Unfortunately there is no resolution within the context of a hoax theory, because the resolution ultimately requires admitting the reality of Apollo. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 09:27:20 AM »

I thought it was from the air conditioning.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 09:29:01 AM »
Remember, it was dustless dirt.  Sifted and washed so that potentially aerosolized particles were removed, while being fine enough to look like sand.

Wow. They went to all that hassle to wash and sift tonnes of sand, yet realised the blooper reel where the flag was moving. They really were idiots at NASA, weren't they? Or should we blame Stanley Kubrick??
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline cjameshuff

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »
Wow. They went to all that hassle to wash and sift tonnes of sand, yet realised the blooper reel where the flag was moving. They really were idiots at NASA, weren't they? Or should we blame Stanley Kubrick??

It's a common assumption that it was Kubrick, but:
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-40-5935HR.jpg

It was obviously J.J. Abrams.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 09:44:22 AM »
I do love the Kubrick idea, mainly because, unlike nearly all HBs, I know where Kubrick lived and worked at the time of Apollo, and where pretty much all of his films were made, and it wasn't anywhere near a soundstage in Arizona...

In my case, it was a tad closer to home!
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »
What I find entertaining is that hoax believers can rarely, if ever, agree on anything (even within their own arguments)... whereas, as we have demonstrated on the "€1m" thread, independent engineers and physicists do agree down to decimal points and beyond.  It's almost as if physics is consistent, or something  ::)

Yet, somehow, HBs miss this pretty big clue.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 10:02:48 AM »
I do love the Kubrick idea, mainly because, unlike nearly all HBs, I know where Kubrick lived and worked at the time of Apollo, and where pretty much all of his films were made, and it wasn't anywhere near a soundstage in Arizona...

In my case, it was a tad closer to home!

They're just mere details.

I love Stephen Fry's view on it...

*Caution* there some risqué comments in there, in case anyone is easily offended.

Offline Dinorupe

• Mercury
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 10:42:15 AM »
The only conspiracy i can see is the USSR whipping up the hoax claims of it being a fake to make Americans lose faith in their government but the infamous Fox special in the 90's came well after the Cold War had peaked.
Be ironic if the conspiracy theorists were in fact the victims of one!