Author Topic: Mercury, Gemini and Apollo flight crew.  (Read 11820 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Mercury, Gemini and Apollo flight crew.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »
It is aimed at the people who do not believe in the moon landings.

If you read around, you will notice that there are very few of those here.  Most of them don't read other people's threads.  Of course, I have my doubts that most of them really read their own threads!
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
What we have heah, is a failure to communicate!

BILLR, as you have probably figured out by now, most of the folks here are NOT hoax proponents -- quite the opposite.  We're 100% with you regarding the Apollo crewmen.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum BILLR. As I'm sure you understand now, the regulars here are not hoax believers (HBs). In fact, some of them work or have worked in the spaceflight biz'. At least one is a recognized expert on the Apollo program. We also have some very smart members who work in engineering and other high-tech fields. Then there's the rest of us, interested laypeople who come here to watch HBers (and other conspiracy theorists) get curb stomped, while we get a free education from watching our learned members tear up their HB nonsense with solid facts.

IIRC this forum was originally started by a hoax believer, who was eventually convinced by the evidence that Apollo is a historical fact (also IIRC this person no longer participates and hence Lunar Orbit took over ownership). This all happened before I found this forum, so if I am mistaken in the particulars, I'm sure someone will correct me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:37:05 PM by BazBear »
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum BILLR. As I'm sure you understand now, the regulars here are not hoax believers (HBs). In fact, some of them work or have worked in the spaceflight biz'. At least one is a recognized expert on the Apollo program. We also have some very smart members who work in engineering and other high-tech fields. Then there's the rest of us, interested laypeople who come here to watch HBers (and other conspiracy theorists) get curb stomped, while we get a free education from watching our learned members tear up their HB nonsense with solid facts.

IIRC this forum was originally started by a hoax believer, who was eventually convinced by the evidence that Apollo is a historical fact (also IIRC this person no longer participates and hence Lunar Orbit took over ownership). This all happened before I found this forum, so if I am mistaken in the particulars, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Pretty much.  And that was for the original phpBB forum.  That got hacked so we moved to ProBoards, which sucked.  Due to such suckitude, we moved here.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »

Pretty much.  And that was for the original phpBB forum.  That got hacked so we moved to ProBoards, which sucked.  Due to such suckitude, we moved here.
I'm not sure when I first found this forum, but it was during the ProBoards period. I forgot the handle and/or password I first used there, and started using this one (Which I use on most forums) (and definitely not to make sock, but out of embarrassment for forgetting). And yes, ProBoards ****** Lunar Orbit bad, letting a revisionist HB poster delete all his posts unilaterally!
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir