Off Topic > General Discussion

Beirut-shima

(1/7) > >>

LionKing:
You might have heard of the huge explosion that happened in Beirut..

I would need your skills in analyzing if this video of the missile is true or fake
thanks
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6ZD80Ic2kDU

Peter B:
Hi LionKing, yes, the explosion has certainly been in the news, thanks to the shocking video that people have recorded.

I hope you and your family are safe.

Personally, I don't think it was a missile that caused the explosion.

For one thing, some of the video of the explosion shows a series of small flashes of light in the seconds before the massive explosion. I understand that fireworks were being stored near the ammonium nitrate. So it makes sense to me that the original fire caused some of the fireworks to explode, causing those flashes, and also contributing to the main explosion.

Another thing is the locations where the two videos were recorded. This is something you might be able to help with - do you recognise the locations where the videos were recorded? Do you think you could point to them on a map of Beirut. The thing is that in both videos the path of the 'missile' is from upper left to lower right. That suggests the two videos must have been recorded in roughly the same direction from the point of the explosion (after all, to someone on the opposite side of the explosion the 'missile' would have travelled from upper right to lower left). So if the videos were actually recorded from locations in widely different directions from the explosion then the missile must have been inserted into the video.

Finally, none of the several videos I've seen show any indication of a missile. If it was really a missile, then at least some other videos must surely show it.

LionKing:
Me and the family are good.. Thanks. The house trembled for two times like it would during an earthquake, but we are fine thanks God.

The story of fireworks is not sure. Some experts are saying it is ammunition that were set on fire first, then the ammonium nitrates blew.
I think many by now analyzed the video saying the missile is an addition..also like you said, itwould have appeared in other videos. It is huge tradgedy.

They at the port have been told it is dangerous .. they send letters to the judiciary system that tells them many times it is not the one to act,and they don't follow up and they do nothing. They should be put in prisons. I hope Macron visiting Lebanon today can get us an international tribunal for this.

I just want to know if it is the summer heat or some careless ironing they say was taking place there, or someone who threw a cigarette or what..
hopefully it will be cleared and culprits put to their responsibilities.

smartcooky:

--- Quote from: LionKing on August 06, 2020, 09:28:01 AM ---You might have heard of the huge explosion that happened in Beirut..

I would need your skills in analyzing if this video of the missile is true or fake
thanks
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6ZD80Ic2kDU

--- End quote ---

One word... fake! The "missile" has been digitally inserted ine the video

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/beirut-explosion-cause-missile/

Northern Lurker:
Good to hear you are ok!

Excellent find, Smartcooky!

Another thing against any missile attack theories: According to my understanding, Lebanon isn't a very large country. I'd guess both Syrian and Israeli air defense radars cover large swathes of your airspace. If it was a missile attack by the US or Israel, I'm sure Syria would happily publish their radar recordings to implicate their enemies. If it was a Syrian or Irani missile attack, I think Israel would do the same.

Lurky

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version