Apollo Discussions > The Reality of Apollo

In the Shadow of the Moon

<< < (2/3) > >>

Glom:
Ahem, yes, well, anyway.  :-[

It was okay.  It obviously was mostly focusing on the emotional impact of it.  It really didn't tell much of the actual story of getting there.  You won't learn much if you have even a cursory knowledge of the Apollo programme.

theteacher:

--- Quote from: Glom on March 04, 2012, 02:50:43 PM ---Ahem, yes, well, anyway.  :-[

It was okay.  It obviously was mostly focusing on the emotional impact of it.  It really didn't tell much of the actual story of getting there.  You won't learn much if you have even a cursory knowledge of the Apollo programme.

--- End quote ---
BUT it is difficult to imagine that a person with his sanity intact will claim, that ALL of these fine men are just lying throughout.

gwiz:

--- Quote from: Daggerstab on March 03, 2012, 04:58:24 PM ---I assume that most people here have watched Moon Machines - a series in the same style/format focused on the people who worked on the program. AFAIK, it's created by the same people.

--- End quote ---
Would be nice if a PAL/Region 2 version was available.

Jason Thompson:

--- Quote from: Glom on March 04, 2012, 02:50:43 PM ---You won't learn much if you have even a cursory knowledge of the Apollo programme.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, it was never intended to be an educational film. It's a story of human achievement, and I think it succeeds brilliantly on that level.

Rob260259:
One of my favorite DVD's. The others are the series "Moon Machines" of course.

http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Machines-Robert-Seamans/dp/B0026IQTR2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version