Apollo Discussions > The Reality of Apollo

Seeking Suggestions

(1/3) > >>

Noldi400:
Well, my daughter gave me an Amazon gift certificate for my b-day and, as is my wont, I plan to invest in a couple books.

This may or may not be the appropriate place to ask, but I'm seeking recommendations for Apollo related books. My preference runs toward personal accounts by the astronauts themselves or related personnel. I've read Lost Moon and Failure Is Not An Option. Would Carrying The Fire be a good choice?

Anyway, suggestions?

Laurel:
I found Carrying The Fire to be excellent. If you like detailed and entertaining personal accounts from astronauts, I'm sure you would enjoy it too.

theteacher:

--- Quote from: Noldi400 on July 20, 2012, 03:19:33 PM ---Well, my daughter gave me an Amazon gift certificate for my b-day and, as is my wont, I plan to invest in a couple books.

This may or may not be the appropriate place to ask, but I'm seeking recommendations for Apollo related books. My preference runs toward personal accounts by the astronauts themselves or related personnel. I've read Lost Moon and Failure Is Not An Option. Would Carrying The Fire be a good choice?

Anyway, suggestions?

--- End quote ---

Definitely "Carrying the Fire". I'd also recommend "The Last Man on the Moon" if you haven't read it yet.

Echnaton:
Last Man on the Moon would also be a good choice as would Two Sides of the Moon by Dave Scott and Alexei Leonov.  But before you blow your certificate on a new copy check your local used book store.  That is where I got mine. 

If you want to get a non-personal history of the Gemini program, try How NASA learned to Fly in Space

Glom:
There's also Full Moon if you want something special.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version