Author Topic: NASA photographic record of Manned Moonlanding:Is there evidence of fabrication?  (Read 254316 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
A point well made. If space was such a dreadful sea of deadly high energy electromagnetic radiation then astronauts in LEO would be exposed.

A point I was trying very hard to get Romulus to see, but instead he tried to change the subject to particle radiation.  On that subject he presented no quantitative data, assured us that procuring such data was impossible, and asserted nevertheless that there could be no question that there was too much radiation for photography.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars

A point well made. If space was such a dreadful sea of deadly high energy electromagnetic radiation then astronauts in LEO would be exposed. I'm not sure if many are familiar with un4g1v3n1, but he often reels lists of radiation types as being deadly. My favourite was his inclusion of neutrinos. I caught Jarrah with this one once when he casually made a list of dangerous radiation and included neutrinos. He avoided my follow on question :)

I remember this guy un4g1v3n1 from YT. There are several of these guys with this deadly-radiation-topic. I remember another one, something with Dad in the nick (no, not deadly  :))

Seems to be the last straw to grasp for them.
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
A point I was trying very hard to get Romulus to see, but instead he tried to change the subject to particle radiation.

You forget, his science is so complicated that only a few people on the planet understand how Apollo was faked, except he can't get his head around flux and photon energy.  ;D ;D ;D
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
I remember this guy un4g1v3n1 from YT. There are several of these guys with this deadly-radiation-topic.

He accused me of being a paedophile within about 3 comments of exchanging views with him. Wrap your head around that logic. He has thrown that accusation at others too, it is his default insult. I learned to ignore him a long time ago.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
On that subject he presented no quantitative data, assured us that procuring such data was impossible, and asserted nevertheless that there could be no question that there was too much radiation for photography.

Serial spammer Cosmored used a similar line: radiation data could not be trusted to prove Apollo's authenticity but then invoked the same data to assert evidence of a hoax. He never answered my question regarding the contradiction in his position.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars

He accused me of being a paedophile within about 3 comments of exchanging views with him. Wrap your head around that logic. He has thrown that accusation at others too, it is his default insult. I learned to ignore him a long time ago.

I've given up to look for logic. But hey, I know why they think so. Remember, I was one of them, but these tactics and manouvers (spelled right?) pissed me off.
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
Thanks for the namechecks, guys - I'm honoured  :D

I have been reading but unable to contribute for now (I'll explain later, more privately if appropriate).  Suffice to say I agree with the explanations/analyses of the solar x-ray data by Jay, nomuse, Luke etc.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Consensus around here is that, if any of us ever start a heavy metal band, it will be called Searing Radiation Hell.  Which is a longstanding in-joke with people who could not care less about the claims of Hoax Believers.  They just think the whole thing is funny.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
Consensus around here is that, if any of us ever start a heavy metal band, it will be called Searing Radiation Hell.

Yup, heavy metal will create a Searing Radiation Hell. Lead would be a good choice.  ;D

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Prediction: Romulus will not return to the threads he has conspicuously abandoned, but will lie low for a few days, then open a new thread on a different aspect of Apollo hoping that everyone will forget previous failures and bow to his "science knowledge". Rinse, lather, repeat.

Basically, a slo-mo gish gallop.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
A Gish saunter?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Chief

• Venus
He could be in a part of the world which was sleeping, I am, good morning everybody.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
A point well made. If space was such a dreadful sea of deadly high energy electromagnetic radiation then astronauts in LEO would be exposed.

A point I was trying very hard to get Romulus to see, but instead he tried to change the subject to particle radiation.  On that subject he presented no quantitative data, assured us that procuring such data was impossible, and asserted nevertheless that there could be no question that there was too much radiation for photography.

As usual everything you have said I have said is a misrepresentation of what I have actually said, it is you putting words into my mouth. This seems to be a very consistent pattern with you Mr.Windley, and typical of NASA propagandists in general. I never said anything remotely resembling what you said.

What I did say is we have no way of determining precise flux values of the wide variety of radiation in question with any specific mission parameters because space weather conditions are constantly changing, and to be frank, NASA is totally unwilling to publish detailed information about the translunar injection trajectories. They claim to have skirted the worst of the radiation, which I agree is possible but the language is deceiving.....even if you "skirt" the worst of the heat and radiation of a thermonuclear blast by standing behind a tree, 5 miles from ground zero you're still going to be vaporized.

Even if we knew the precise trajectory they took (WHICH WE DO NOT!) ,unless we had a continuous and accurate measurement, we still wouldn't be able to give a definitive quantitative analysis with precise numbers.

What we can is prove that in the very best of circumstances and lottery winning luck, the astronauts would be killed and the film totally exposed.

As you know (or should know) , since the Apollo missions we have learned more than 99% of what we now know about the space weather enviroment and the radiation trapped by Earths magnetic field.

In fact, we have discovered an entirely new  band of radiation that was previously unknown, and the dynamic nature of the space weather enviroment is now much better understood than in 1969.

A few things most of us are aware of is the amount of radiation required to expose film is very tiny fraction of what causes biological effects. X rays penetrate thin layers of aluminum practically as if it is transparent, and secondary radiation from high energy particle interaction with metals like aluminum creates electromagnetic radiation (including especially x rays) and secondary particle radiation as well.

If you will concede all of the above is totally accurate, i believe we can continue. What has been said in my absence does not require a response, as far as I can see. It is just the usual propaganda, personal attacks and BS.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
Prediction: Romulus will not return to the threads he has conspicuously abandoned, but will lie low for a few days, then open a new thread on a different aspect of Apollo hoping that everyone will forget previous failures and bow to his "science knowledge". Rinse, lather, repeat.

Basically, a slo-mo gish gallop.

Well, no. What you do not realize is simply disabling a single computer is a useless gesture.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
Consensus around here is that, if any of us ever start a heavy metal band, it will be called Searing Radiation Hell.  Which is a longstanding in-joke with people who could not care less about the claims of Hoax Believers.  They just think the whole thing is funny.

I recall  many years back reading something about a group called "the Lying BAB maggots" on a fringe board. Do you?