Author Topic: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?  (Read 225001 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?
« Reply #390 on: February 05, 2015, 12:07:39 PM »
I love how we all should be in jail. Id love to hear the judge during sentencing.

That made me giggle. The reason for my custodial sentence does escape me though, unless one can serve 10 years for being overly sarcastic.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #391 on: February 05, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »
I love how we all should be in jail. Id love to hear the judge during sentencing.

That made me giggle. The reason for my custodial sentence does escape me though, unless one can serve 10 years for being overly sarcastic.
This reminds me of two YT-posters (and I think it's the same person): potrodsas and NASACrooks. They (He) want to send the astronauts and all involved people into jail.
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #392 on: February 05, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »
That, at least, makes a vague kind of sense.  If Apollo had been faked, it would be fraud, after all.  Or at least an argument could be made.  But unless they throw people in prison for occasional and infrequent jaywalking, I haven't done anything that would send me there.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #393 on: February 05, 2015, 01:09:04 PM »

This reminds me of two YT-posters (and I think it's the same person): potrodsas and NASACrooks. They (He) want to send the astronauts and all involved people into jail.

Nasacrooks has several sock puppet accounts, NASAtellslies, NASAfakedit (which he originally called NASAfaketit) and lots more.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Trebor

• Earth
« Reply #394 on: February 05, 2015, 02:39:57 PM »

Nasacrooks has several sock puppet accounts, NASAtellslies, NASAfakedit (which he originally called NASAfaketit) and lots more.

Really? I thought some of those were the individual formally known as humanmonkey or humanmonkeyrace?

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #395 on: February 05, 2015, 02:51:12 PM »

Really? I thought some of those were the individual formally known as humanmonkey or humanmonkeyrace?

This special guy is another one. He has been banned so often, I don't know his actual name. He used i.e. fuckutube74. And I know he is from UK.

Podrotsas is from Greece.

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #396 on: February 05, 2015, 05:04:30 PM »
That, at least, makes a vague kind of sense.  If Apollo had been faked, it would be fraud, after all.  Or at least an argument could be made.  But unless they throw people in prison for occasional and infrequent jaywalking, I haven't done anything that would send me there.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #397 on: February 05, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »
I would love to know what Romulus' last posts were, obviously more of the same but still amusing.

Has anyone noticed if IDW has made any claims about being censored or kicked off any particular forums?

Funny, the first thing I remembered when I saw the picture of Donald Sutherland was the squealing noise and it reminded me of Jarrah's voice.

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2015, 09:07:46 AM »
Well, I've read the thread. I think I missed the post with the evidence that was going to be presented, which is a shame. I hope he comes back and presents it.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »
Well, I've read the thread. I think I missed the post with the evidence that was going to be presented, which is a shame. I hope he comes back and presents it.

My experience with this guy leads me to the following conclusion: No, he won't come back. Or he won't present any shred of evidence, when he'd really come back.

Isn't this the typical modus operande of a HB, when he has nothing?

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
I would love to know what Romulus' last posts were, obviously more of the same but still amusing.
Lunar Orbit said he approved them anyway, so you can go to Romulus's profile and look for his most recent posts.  That's what I did.

Fred
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #401 on: February 07, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »
Lunar Orbit said he approved them anyway, so you can go to Romulus's profile and look for his most recent posts.  That's what I did.

...to find snippets like this...

IT'S A BIG HOAX, A LIE, PSY OP, IT"S DAVY CROCKETT WINNING THE BATTLE OF THE ALAMO WHILE HIDING IN THE BASEMENT OF  A STOLEN MISSION AND BEING CUT TO PIECES BY SANTA ANA'S ARMY. REMEMBER THE ALAMO! REMEMBER APOLLO!

Not just bragging of a false accomplishment, but claiming the most amazing thing in human history, and it is a goddamned lie.

I AM THE KILLER OF ANCIENT GODS.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:14:09 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #402 on: February 07, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »
Back away slowly.  Don't make eye contact.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #403 on: February 08, 2015, 07:03:33 AM »

My experience with this guy leads me to the following conclusion: No, he won't come back. Or he won't present any shred of evidence, when he'd really come back.

Isn't this the typical modus operande of a HB, when he has nothing?

Yes, huff and puff, grandiose claims, no substance, flounces in a hissy, and the occasional meltdown.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #404 on: February 08, 2015, 07:54:08 AM »

Yes, huff and puff, grandiose claims, no substance, flounces in a hissy, and the occasional meltdown.

But I give him some points for comedy  ;D