Author Topic: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?  (Read 224819 times)

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
Re: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2015, 04:10:23 PM »
Why do you want this thread locked? As far as I can tell that is simply a tantrum to impose your own demands much as a child would do, and also a distraction from the fact that you can present nothing at all.

That is exactly what it is.  If Romulus is indeed IDW, then he will continually tap dance around and do everything he possibly can to distract from ever having to actually present any evidence.  It's his modus operandi.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:15:00 PM by Bob B. »

Offline Rob260259

• Earth
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2015, 04:11:59 PM »
Romulus owns a pub.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2015, 04:16:49 PM »
Why do you want this thread locked? As far as I can tell that is simply a tantrum to impose your own demands much as a child would do, and also a distraction from the fact that you can present nothing at all.

That is exactly what it is.  If Romulus is indeed IDW, then he will continually tap dance around and do everything he possibly can to distract from ever having to actually present any evidence.  It his modus operandi.
I believe, at this point, that Romulus full well knows that if he were to make any attempt to present what he calls "evidence", it would be swiftly shredded.

And here is a prediction. Now that I have pointed out his hiding behind anonymity, he will counter accuse me of also being anonymous. Last person to do that to me was sent scuttling off with their tail between their legs. Still, true to form, he will try it.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »
If you have something to present, present it here and now, or be consigned to the bit bucket as a noisy empty vessel. You will not "win" by means of rhetorical skullduggery, but I can guarantee you will be judged on the quality of evidence you present (if you ever do).

I agree. we've had enough pages of distraction...present your evidence that Apollo was faked, Romulus, or retract your claim that it was faked, but do one or the other without further "side-tracks" into irrelevant discussions.

Are you able to do that? ...or is that just too difficult?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:42:14 PM by RAF »

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »
I've created my own InterDimensionalWarrior-bingo card.

It includes the following phrases:

1.: Astronaut stomps on a frog
2.: Deadly radiation
3.: He has worked out anything "in great detail beyond a reasonable doubt"
4.: We are all paid.
5.: We use keyloggers.

Ok, I know, these are only 5 points. For more I have to look at several YT-clips.  ;D
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2015, 04:31:13 PM »
If you have something to present, present it here and now, or be consigned to the bit bucket as a noisy empty vessel. You will not "win" by means of rhetorical skullduggery, but I can guarantee you will be judged on the quality of evidence you present (if you ever do).

I agree. we've had enough pages of distraction...present your evidence that Apollo was faked, Romulus, or retract your claim that it was faked, but do one or the other without further "side-tracks" into irrelevant discussions.

Are you able to do that? ...or is that just too difficult?
Minor quibble, you quoted me but attributed onebigmonkey. Artefact of quoting posts I guess but I point it out since our protagonist will proceed to claim that I and onebigmonkey are one and the same and also that you know it and are a participant in the big conspiracy to deny him.

You or I would of course consider this a trivial thing. Our protagonist will make up all sorts of baloney out of it. I simply point it out before such accusations inevitably occur.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »
Minor quibble, you quoted me but attributed onebigmonkey. Artefact of quoting posts I guess

Fixed it...and you're right...I've had trouble today with quoted posts. :)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2015, 04:46:55 PM »
I've created my own InterDimensionalWarrior-bingo card.

It includes the following phrases:

1.: Astronaut stomps on a frog
2.: Deadly radiation
3.: He has worked out anything "in great detail beyond a reasonable doubt"
4.: We are all paid.
5.: We use keyloggers.

Ok, I know, these are only 5 points. For more I have to look at several YT-clips.  ;D
I'm not convinced it is IDW. His latest rantings on GLP show that he will fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. I mean serious descent into spittle filled ranting. I would be be very surprised if IDW could restrain himself this long, therefore I provisionally reject that hypothesis.

Nevertheless, he has stated that he is a sock of somebody, so who? Dr. Socks? He's dead. The antipodean who shall not be named? Possibly, the ego trip is certainly an indicator. Turbo? He confines himself to ATS mostly. It's all speculation. As an engineer, I believe in dealing with what we have in front of us, and what we have in front of us is no more than "I know something you don't know" followed by "not telling". That's all we have. Small wonder that everyone asks for more data. Romulus is not providing, and I suggest it is because he doesn't have it to provide.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2015, 04:48:06 PM »
Minor quibble, you quoted me but attributed onebigmonkey. Artefact of quoting posts I guess

Fixed it...and you're right...I've had trouble today with quoted posts. :)
No worries, it really bothers me not a whit, but you know what CT's would make of it.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2015, 04:57:17 PM »
The antipodean who shall not be named? Possibly, the ego trip is certainly an indicator.

In fairness to Jarrah he wouldn't hide behind a pseudonym, he would join as Jarrah White, there would be no hiding. He would also present his claims. Also the writing of this Sith is far too flowery to be Jarrah.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2015, 05:01:13 PM »
The antipodean who shall not be named? Possibly, the ego trip is certainly an indicator.

In fairness to Jarrah he wouldn't hide behind a pseudonym, he would join as Jarrah White, there would be no hiding. He would also present his claims. Also the writing of this Sith is far too flowery to be Jarrah.
Whoever it is, I hope LO does not ban him anytime soon. He is awfully amusing.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #341 on: February 03, 2015, 05:05:27 PM »
Whoever it is, I hope LO does not ban him anytime soon. He is awfully amusing.

There are a lot of people here who have been involved in the forum community much longer than I have, and they may have different views on a ban. I am rarely in favour of moderation and bans. It has to be fairly extreme behaviour in my very humble opinion.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #342 on: February 03, 2015, 05:14:21 PM »
There are a lot of people here who have been involved in the forum community much longer than I have, and they may have different views on a ban. I am rarely in favour of moderation and bans. It has to be fairly extreme behaviour in my very humble opinion.

It usually takes a lot for Lunar orbit to ban somebody.  I've seen him moderate and suspend people, but an outright ban is rare.

Offline slaver0110

• Mercury
« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2015, 05:19:50 PM »

What you believe I have or have not proved is  irrelevant. It is of no concern to me what you claim to believe...

Your entire philosophy in a clearly-worded statement.  Well done.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2015, 05:24:35 PM »
It usually takes a lot for Lunar orbit to ban somebody.  I've seen him moderate and suspend people, but an outright ban is rare.

The point I was making in a veiled way. I did not want to sound presumptious when there are those here who have contributed much more over the years and know LO much better than I do.