Author Topic: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists  (Read 270511 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »
I am not Heiwa, but I read about his reward for a couple of subjects. I must say I like very much his way of thinking and putting forward some questions for the real 'believers'.
I'm confused. Heiwa believes no human has been into space. You think it at least happened in the sixties? Am I right?

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »
I am not Heiwa, but I read about his reward for a couple of subjects. I must say I like very much his way of thinking and putting forward some questions for the real 'believers'.

And by presenting yourself as an admirer of Heiwa you lose credibility very rapidly. Tell me, what did you think of his shifting of goalposts, quietly altering his site, refusing to provide his sources, and dismissing all who disagreed with him as fools best ignored, thus invalidating his entire reward offer?

I read about he kept his cool, just as I try to do, while under attack of an abundance of irrelevant issues, false statements, personal attacks, as much as possible to avoid the real issue he places for you.

It brings me to the point of getting a book on the fuel issue to see if it really is that simple. Which it looks like. I could earn a million if he is wrong!!

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2013, 02:04:17 PM »
I'm confused. Heiwa believes no human has been into space. You think it at least happened in the sixties? Am I right?

Yes I believe astronauts did and still do go up in 'space', but this 'space' is the point. 400 or km up away from the earth surface is not really space.

And they do not 'travel'. So that's why I say spacetravel does not exist. Now going to the moon would be real spacetravel. But to leave earth into space, the same way as I put one (one!) step out of my front door and call that going on vacation...

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2013, 02:05:32 PM »
I debunk because hoax believers make really blatant errors in their claims and it just bugs me. Is it so hard to do basic research?

Obviously it is! Do some research why space travel does not exist and you will get some doubts about why it in the sixties did exist.

Hello, Heiwa.

You liked how he proved himself ignorant of the topics he tried to discuss and proved that IF he was an engineer he was at best an extremely incompetent one?  Odd.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
I read about he kept his cool, just as I try to do, while under attack of an abundance of irrelevant issues, false statements, personal attacks, as much as possible to avoid the real issue he places for you.

Avoiding the issues? We dealt with his claims. He avoided them. At least the ones he didn't quietly add to his own site. And that was no matter how many sources and supporting pieces of evidence we put before him. A man who thinks the Tsiolkovsky equation has nothing to do with space rocketry really doesn't deserve much admiration.

It brings me to the point of getting a book on the fuel issue to see if it really is that simple. Which it looks like. I could earn a million if he is wrong!!

You read his threads and you still seriously think he would be willing to pay you even if you did prove him wrong? I don't believe you. Either you are a troll or a sock-puppet or both.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »

Yes I believe astronauts did and still do go up in 'space', but this 'space' is the point. 400 or km up away from the earth surface is not really space.

And they do not 'travel'. So that's why I say spacetravel does not exist. Now going to the moon would be real spacetravel. But to leave earth into space, the same way as I put one (one!) step out of my front door and call that going on vacation...

International Space law defines "space" as beginning 100km up, at the Kármán line.

Orbiting the Earth, and going round the Moon, are both "travel" by any reasonable definition.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2013, 02:07:43 PM »

And by presenting yourself as an admirer of Heiwa you lose credibility very rapidly. Tell me, what did you think of his shifting of goalposts, quietly altering his site, refusing to provide his sources, and dismissing all who disagreed with him as fools best ignored, thus invalidating his entire reward offer?

He is wrong and was proven so multiple times on this site.  You would only get the million if he had it to give away (likely does not) and if he was man enough to admit when he was wrong (he is not).
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
I debunk because hoax believers make really blatant errors in their claims and it just bugs me. Is it so hard to do basic research?

I like to ask you to do some research, and compare the information available on the moon lander and how it was to be used in respect to the waste deposal, and the same info on the Russian moonlander. You will be surprised if you would look into this. This alone should be enough.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »
Either you are a troll or a sock-puppet or both.

I smell socks.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline geo7863

• Venus
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2013, 02:11:16 PM »

I like to ask you to do some research, and compare the information available on the moon lander and how it was to be used in respect to the waste deposal, and the same info on the Russian moonlander. You will be surprised if you would look into this. This alone should be enough.

It doesn't work that way here, YOU have to present evidence of why YOU believe the moon landings to be fake, not tell others to search online for this and that!

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2013, 02:12:56 PM »

He is wrong and was proven so multiple times on this site.  You would only get the million if he had it to give away (likely does not) and if he was man enough to admit when he was wrong (he is not).

Look, this is why I think you are a bunch of paid students or so. Clearly that was not proven, clearly the argument is avoided, there is only repeated battering of him with the same bunch of statements over and over again. It prevents knowledgeable posters from having a fair discussion and only convinces the ignorants who casually look into the matter. That is what I see. To bad, but that is how the Nazi's would work if internet existed then.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2013, 02:13:41 PM »
Either you are a troll or a sock-puppet or both.

I smell socks.

I smell a ban. There seems to be a never ending supply of trolls who come along regurgitating the same ignorance.....devoid of any ability or inclination to verify the thousand debunks on the internet for every single claim.

<shakes head at the white noise on the internet>

Offline Believer

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2013, 02:15:03 PM »

It doesn't work that way here, YOU have to present evidence of why YOU believe the moon landings to be fake, not tell others to search online for this and that!

No, I don't. The one making the claim is NASA, and you all. So you provide evidence, and I comment on it. But this thread was not about that subject. It was about integrity, why the 'believers' are such a lying bunch.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »
I am a believer in the Hoax theorie, and I will not lie.

Let's test that, shall we?

Are you Heiwa? Yes or no?

(Hint: I know the answer.)
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline geo7863

• Venus
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2013, 02:21:33 PM »

No, I don't. The one making the claim is NASA, and you all. So you provide evidence, and I comment on it. But this thread was not about that subject. It was about integrity, why the 'believers' are such a lying bunch.

yes you do matey.... read here.... http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=18.0

WE believe Apollo happened. WE don't need evidence. YOU don't believe Apollo happened and YOU presumably want to teach us the error of our ways and believe that it didn't happen.  So you, as per the forum rules, are required to give us YOUR proof.

And calling us a 'lying bunch' doesn't do your claims any good at all!