Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 399193 times)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 04:15:00 AM »
I is confused. Who is the order of the swastika? Do we have many Buddhists or Hindus or Shinto here?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »
Has anyone else been following the confirmation hearings?  Looks like my kids' education is about to be in the hands of a woman whose only qualification is that her family has donated some $200 million to the Republican Party over the years.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2017, 11:57:33 AM »
Good wind in DC today. Makes the flag flutter just right.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2017, 12:28:56 PM »
I would have thought Trump would have arranged for bright sun and 70 F temperatures. Staff has let him down. Sad.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 01:24:05 PM »
Has anyone else been following the confirmation hearings?  Looks like my kids' education is about to be in the hands of a woman whose only qualification is that her family has donated some $200 million to the Republican Party over the years.

Pretty much like education in the UK was handed over to an Oxford Historian, whose entire education policy was based on his own grammar school experience while simultaneously tarring the entire teaching profession as the 'left wing' blob. Every kid in the country must follow a rigorous set of exams as standards must be raised (that was the mantra).
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2017, 01:30:11 PM »
24 hours have past. Not dead yet. Or groped.

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 04:55:10 AM »
Lifted from another forum today;

"The current situation where we have a country with the most advanced science and technology institutions and companies in the world dictated to by a mentally-impaired clown in the throes of a temper tantrum backed up by a load of religious idiots is just not a viable situation for anyone.

People who can land a vehicle on Mars and keep it running for 13 years do not deserve to be dictated to by a total f***ing idiot."

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »
Apparently, some dozen federal agencies have started unofficial Twitter accounts to get around the gag order.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 01:46:37 PM »
So he's advocating torture, suggested we should have plundered Iraq. It's like he's trying to be a cartoon villain.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »
Apparently an unexpected number of top bureaucrats at the State Department have announced their resignation in advent of Tillerson's taking control.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 02:20:05 PM »
Sean Spicer, Press Secretary, has apparently sent out two tweets today:

"n8y25ah7"

and

"Aqenbpuu"

Some people think it's his Twitter password, and the one he reset it to after realizing he'd sent out the first one. Some think they're the nuclear codes. I think they're the most intelligible things to come out of his office for the week.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »
I do wonder if Trump has a real chance of becoming the fifth.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »
People who can land a vehicle on Mars and keep it running for 13 years do not deserve to be dictated to by a total f***ing idiot."

... but sadly Trump does not have the mental capacity to understand that he's wearing the Emperor's new clothes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
in the next segment, the Glorious Leader has reorganized the National Security Council. Steve Bannon, declared white nationalist, is in. Of course that means someone must be out, because you can't just stick another chair at the table.

Who's out? No one important. Just the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence.  Because why on earth would you need to have them involved?

I know there are at least a couple of people on this board, people I consider sane and of good character, who supported Trump. Can you say today, this is what I wanted when I voted for Trump? Because to my eyes, this has moved beyond madness.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:53:42 AM by twik »

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »
I wouldn't have voted for this clown for dog catcher, but I thought his campaign rhetoric was probably a bunch of radical crazy populist B.S.; but once elected and in office, I thought cooler, saner heads would prevail. It looks like I was very, very, very self deluded.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir