Author Topic: "The Truth Behind the Moon Landings" is on You Tube  (Read 12978 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
"The Truth Behind the Moon Landings" is on You Tube
« on: September 22, 2015, 05:27:50 AM »

47 minutes 59 seconds

It has in it a cat-lover, an angry self-proclaimed "engineer," a magazine publisher, an elderly monocled astronomer, a writer, the second man on the moon, and some fella called Jay (at 18:52).

This is the first time I've seen it on You Tube. Have always wished I could get a copy on DVD.

For those who haven't seen the many Apollo 11 "Coke bottles", one is visible crossing centre-to-right near the bottom of the screen at 7:34, precisely opposite Buzz's helmet, through the centre of the lens.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:58:06 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: "The Truth Behind the Moon Landings" is on You Tube
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »
"Americans have gone back and fourth on this subject...."

::)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 07:32:27 AM »
I watched this long before I knew who JayUtah was.  It is a good representation that refuted many of the HB's arguments concerning lighting "anomalies" along with a few more. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:41:56 AM »
I am never so frustrated when I see people who are so blatantly ignorant of the physical world around them, as I am when people start talking about shadows not being parallel. This is, to me, by far, the single most stupid thing to call proof.

It's right up there with the morons who think that there were secret launches of Saturn V's out of Vandenberg...
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline Cat Not Included

• Venus
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »
It's right up there with the morons who think that there were secret launches of Saturn V's out of Vandenberg...
Hey, if everyone had the observational skills the typical HB does, they could totally launch those without anyone noticing.   ;D
The quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" very clearly predates personal computers.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 02:20:15 PM »
I am never so frustrated when I see people who are so blatantly ignorant of the physical world around them, as I am when people start talking about shadows not being parallel. This is, to me, by far, the single most stupid thing to call proof.

I have not seen the non-parallel shadows crud recycled lately.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 02:47:55 PM »
The 'stars' argument has been claimed by some conspiracy theorsts recently to be a strawman invented by us Apollo Nutters, but I have only to link to Bill Kaysing's book (yay Google books) to discredit that claim. I use him specifically since he was the progenitor of this hooey. Probably not the first to consider it,  but the first to make a buck off of it. Other professional (and I use the term in the 'making money' sense) conspiracy theorists  also make the claim, like RalphRene and David Percy.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 02:54:05 PM »
The 'stars' argument has been claimed by some conspiracy theorsts recently to be a strawman invented by us Apollo Nutters, but I have only to link to Bill Kaysing's book (yay Google books) to discredit that claim. I use him specifically since he was the progenitor of this hooey. Probably not the first to consider it,  but the first to make a buck off of it. Other professional (and I use the term in the 'making money' sense) conspiracy theorists  also make the claim, like RalphRene and David Percy.
A strawman's strawman?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 11:14:57 PM »

You mean they didn't!?

Seriously, if it weren't for the implications, I'd love to be at the Kawajalein end of one of the random Minuteman tests out of Vandenberg.  Most be quite a fireworks display when the MIRV's come in...

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 11:27:26 PM »

The most obvious piece of stupidity surrounding this is that the presence of non-parallel shadows actually proves the opposite of what HB nutters claim it proves. The claim is that it proves there were multiple light sources. In fact, even if the moon landing photos WERE faked in a studio somewhere, non-parallel shadows is not evidence of this. Multiple light sources MUST lead to multiple shadows, so the smoking gun for fake lunar photographs would be multiple shadows.

Of course, there are none in any of the lunar. photos
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 12:10:31 AM »
Well, I do know the claymation film Chicken Run used multiple lights for its 'outdoor' scenes without creating multiple shadows (it's mentioned in a coffee table 'Making Of' book, 'Chicken Run: Hatching the Movie', including how much trouble it was), but that exception only proves the rule, as they were meant to be outdoor scenes on Earth, so they could get away with, in fact, needed, softer shadows than Apollo.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 12:35:39 AM »
Well, I do know the claymation film Chicken Run used multiple lights for its 'outdoor' scenes without creating multiple shadows (it's mentioned in a coffee table 'Making Of' book, 'Chicken Run: Hatching the Movie', including how much trouble it was), but that exception only proves the rule, as they were meant to be outdoor scenes on Earth, so they could get away with, in fact, needed, softer shadows than Apollo.

That would require some very clever "fill light" techniques, not at all easy to do in the harsh contrast lighting of the Lunar landscape.
Of course, these days you could do it with CGI.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 09:55:38 AM »
The claim is that it proves there were multiple light sources.

Some claim it proves multiple light sources.  Others claim it proves nearby light sources.  It varies from photo to photo and from claimant to claimant.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »
That would require some very clever "fill light" techniques,

Made easier through the difference in scale.  The "barracks" sets in Chicken Run were each only about the size of a kitchen table.  To have ever-so-slightly overlapping fields in a uniform wash made from standard studio instruments would be easier if each field is proportionally larger compared to the "natural" scale of the set.  Doing it at full scale would be colossally difficult.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 10:04:51 AM »
Here's some behind-the-scenes notes and photos.
http://www.clavius.org/bibzz1.html
http://www.clavius.org/bibzz2.html

And here's Ollie, our long-suffering actor, with the canonical Coke bottle.

And yes, the RCU is rigged a bit too high.  George (the suit tech) had a hard time with the PLSS straps.