Author Topic: Candace Owens Jumps on the Hoax Train  (Read 4346 times)

Offline Ranb

• Mars
Candace Owens Jumps on the Hoax Train
« on: January 31, 2022, 05:06:21 PM »
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1/29/2077484/-This-will-shock-you-Candace-Owens-is-a-moon-landing-conspiracist

Candace Owens
@RealCandaceO
Now for some light-hearted fun. What’s the one “conspiracy theory” that no matter what anyone says you believe is true. Mine is that the moon landing in 1969 was completely faked.
Just nothing about it makes sense. Especially NASA “accidentally erasing” the original footage.

I'm leaning towards this being a cry for attention.  I don't think she actually believes that Apollo was fake.

Ranb

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Candace Owens Jumps on the Hoax Train
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 10:51:21 AM »
If "no matter what anyone says you believe [it's] true," well, there's no point in talking to you about it anyway because you're not looking at it from an intelligent perspective.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 06:48:56 AM »
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1/29/2077484/-This-will-shock-you-Candace-Owens-is-a-moon-landing-conspiracist

I'm leaning towards this being a cry for attention.  I don't think she actually believes that Apollo was fake.

It was only a matter of time before she started to appeal to that nutty crowd as well. And if she has not done so, I predict she will also claim to belief in Chemtrails, 9/11 truths sooner or later
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 06:52:44 AM by ineluki »

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 07:24:06 PM »
Who?  Forgive me for not googling, but I wouldn't want to contribute to her "trending".
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 08:21:33 PM »
Who?  Forgive me for not googling, but I wouldn't want to contribute to her "trending".

LOL, good point.

I Wikipediaed her (and if that wasn't a verb before, it is now).

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 08:34:43 PM »

I'd say "Trump-supporting airhead" but that could be anyone, so you'd be none the wiser!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 01:17:07 AM »
Is she the same idiot who thinks the US should invade Australia to liberate us from a talban-esque police state?

Offline Luther

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 06:59:33 AM »
Is she the same idiot who thinks the US should invade Australia to liberate us from a talban-esque police state?

Well from what I've heard recently, this wouldn't apply to Western Australia, which is more like North Korea.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 03:29:16 AM »

Well from what I've heard recently, this wouldn't apply to Western Australia, which is more like North Korea.

LOL, actually the people there think it is great.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 05:06:22 PM »

There are probably more South Africans and New Zealanders in Perth than there are Australians, so yeah Perth = Pyongyang
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.