Author Topic: Kubrick in hoax videos  (Read 5778 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Kubrick in hoax videos
« on: February 02, 2023, 01:49:27 PM »
There's a couple of videos around involving Kubrick directly that are used as 'evidence' of his involvement in a hoax.

Neither of them are, in my view, actual attempts to prove his involvement, and both are making fun of the Kubrick trope at the expense of the HB crowd.

The video I took issue with was the one that has shots of Kubrick inserted into a variety of settings supposedly showing direct involvement in Apollo 11.

So, I took it upon myself to show how it was done:

http://onebigmonkey.com/itburns/kubrick/kubrick.html

If you can't face the read, the Kubrick video uses behind the scenes footage of the man himself from 2001, intercut with a couple of NASA videos and footage (behind the scenes and otherwise) from First Man, Capricorn One, Operation Avalanche and Moonwalkers.

If you see anyone posting the video as some sort of proof, feel free to send them that :)

Offline beedarko

• Earth
Re: Kubrick in hoax videos
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 01:54:34 AM »
Great work, as usual. 

I've noticed a definite increase in the volume of MiLF-generated forgeries of late, much of it featuring Kubrick.  I believe it's a coordinated effort by two or more conspiracists devoted to creating a persuasion campaign against NASA and Apollo, using social media as the propagation tool.  Doesn't seem like the work of a lone wolf... there's a lot of effort being put forth.

Naturally, the herd all lap it up with greasy smiles on their faces and zero due diligence.  No surprises there.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 03:58:22 AM »
So I should search for Milf on ther Internet...?

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 07:10:45 AM »

No need.  (Moon Landing Flerf)

I just insert the small "i" to make it easier to pronounce.  :) 

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 10:55:47 AM »
I mean, that is I suppose a meaning for it?

I maintain that you cannot take the Kubrick thing seriously even if you are completely ignorant of Apollo but know a few basics about Kubrick.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 11:54:30 AM »
Not on your work computer...  ;D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 07:21:18 PM »
Not on your work computer...  ;D

Or at least turn Safe Search on first.   8)

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 03:05:15 AM »
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12008602/?ref_=nm_knf_c_1

About the "Kubrick Confession" - this is the actor who portrayed Stanley Kubrick admitting he filmed the moon landings.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 04:31:51 AM »

About the "Kubrick Confession" - this is the actor who portrayed Stanley Kubrick admitting he filmed the moon landings.

I believe the standard way to dismiss such claims these days is to call them deep fakes.

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2023, 09:52:01 PM »

Insider tip:  When you call an actor by his real name during a scene, it's best to discard that take and do another one.   8)