Author Topic: Moon Landing Greatest Hoax? TV show, Apollo scene  (Read 4496 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Moon Landing Greatest Hoax? TV show, Apollo scene
« on: October 15, 2022, 11:13:02 AM »
Hi everyone

I'm referring to the TV show from a few years ago that Jay appeared in.

Late in the show, in the section dealing with the Moon rocks and cosmic radiation, there's a video clip of about two seconds long from one of the later missions.

The clip features both astronauts. The CDR is at left, hitting a rock with the hammer, while the LMP is on the right. There are low rocks in the foreground and higher rocks behind the astronauts, and a gently rounded hill in the background.

The hill makes me think of South Massif, so I think the clip is from Apollo 17. But I'd be grateful if anyone could help identify which geology station is featured.

The reason I'm interested is that one HB on YT is convinced there's something fishy about the shadows in the clip, and I'd like to be able to point him (her? it?) to the entire video of the geology stop to show the shadows behaving perfectly normally throughout.

Thank you!

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
Re: Moon Landing Greatest Hoax? TV show, Apollo scene
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 04:19:50 AM »
I have the Spacecraft Films 6-DVD set of Apollo 17, but I don't have the program JayUtah was in, and have always wanted it.

Can't recall the scene you mention, but your description sounds a little like it might be Station 5, EVA 2. There was a big assortment of rocks on the edge and inside of that particular crater. Gene Cernan took photos AS17-145-22157 to 22165, and probably others, at that site.

HBs could solve the shadows "problem" by simply doing an in-depth study of photos showing many scenes in direct sunlight on Earth. And possibly among their own photos. However, their confirmation bias regarding an expectation of "parallel" shadows might prevent them seeing exactly what's in the photos. :-(
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)