Author Topic: Alex Jones - Sandy Hook defamation trial  (Read 9080 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Alex Jones - Sandy Hook defamation trial
« on: October 03, 2021, 12:32:24 AM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-03/alex-jones-sandy-hook-hoax-conspiracy-judge-rules-liable/100510636

A judge in the US state of Texas has found Infowars host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones liable for damages in three defamation lawsuits brought by the parents of two children killed in the Sandy Hook school massacre...

Judge Maya Guerra Gamble entered default judgments against Jones, Infowars and other defendants for what she called their "flagrant bad faith and callous disregard" of court orders to turn over documents to the parents' lawyers.

Thank you, judge.

Does anyone know how to find the judge's decision online? I think it might be interesting reading (in the best way).

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Alex Jones - Sandy Hook defamation trial
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 10:03:12 AM »
Scribd link: https://www.scribd.com/document/529006729/Alex-Jones-hit-with-default-judgments-in-Sandy-Hook-case#fullscreen&from_embed

Short, but sweet.  And devastating.  It takes a special kind of defendant to draw a default judgment of this type.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 03:24:05 PM »
If there is a Hell, there better be a special one for Alex Jones in it for this.
Things like accusing NASA of running mines ran by  slave children on Mars is absurd, but they don't hurt anyone any more than the spread of ignorance in general does. But this? This hurts people. This has hurt people. This does hurt people
The idea of having ones child die in such a horrific fashion, only to receive death threats  and more from people indoctrinated into a conspiracy theory claiming you were part of some elaborate scheme to, what, increase gun control laws?
 I can barely imagine how much that must be an absolute mutilation to ones heart, over and over again.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 11:51:41 PM »
Looks like it's happened again: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-16/alex-jones-sandy-hook-conspiracy-liable-damages/100623160

A US judge has found Infowars host Alex Jones liable by default in a defamation case brought by parents of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in 2012...

The ruling by Connecticut Judge Barbara Bellis — who cited Mr Jones's refusal to abide by court rulings or turn over evidence — means a jury will determine how much in damages Mr Jones should pay to the families.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 03:03:59 AM »
And now the damages:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-05/jury-orders-alex-jones-to-pay-4million/101303182

But this is the bit that got to me:

"It seems so incredible to me that we have to do this — that we have to implore you, to punish you — to get you to stop lying," Ms Lewis told Jones.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 11:07:14 AM »
My five-year-old has a better sense of responsibility than he does.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 11:50:49 AM »
And now the damages:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-05/jury-orders-alex-jones-to-pay-4million/101303182

But this is the bit that got to me:

"It seems so incredible to me that we have to do this — that we have to implore you, to punish you — to get you to stop lying," Ms Lewis told Jones.

He needs to die in jail. Debatable whether the preference is soon or after a long long time.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 06:26:47 PM »
The amount of damage and anguish his lies have created . . . all for his own profit and to further his petty little agendas.
What a putrescent, purulent and vile blatherskite.  I don't hate easily, I don't like hating, but someone like him?
I hate.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 02:47:44 AM »
My five-year-old has a better sense of responsibility than he does.

He strikes me as the sort of person who believes whatever he's thinking from moment to moment, even if those thoughts contradict each other. So now he says he believes Sandy Hook happened as officially reported, but what's to say that next week he'll say he was coerced into saying that and he doesn't believe it really happened, then next time he's cornered he'll say he was tricked into saying he didn't believe it happened...

He's sort of like those cult leaders who make up stories to convince their followers, then come to believe those made up stories as real...except that where cult leaders are usually isolated from the outside world so don't get interrupted in that process, he's been interrupted in the middle of that changeover by the court proceedings. If you get what I mean.