Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 11648 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2021, 05:34:03 PM »
I didn't say that there aren't other anti-vaxxers or that the MAGA idiots invented anti-vax. But some of the current loudest are also Trump supporting nutjobs.

Yes, they are, but "the Venn diagram is a circle" literally means the overlap is complete, and we're merely pointing out that it isn't.

Which is not what I said despite you putting it in quotes.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2021, 03:46:25 PM »
Which is not what I said despite you putting it in quotes.

My apologies.  Here's what you said.  "I wonder what shape the Venn diagram that maps MAGA idiots, COVID anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-abortionists and evangelical nut-jobs would be? A perfect circle?"
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2021, 09:27:20 PM »
Oh, and don't forget alternative 'medicine' enthusiasts and anti-vaxxers in general.