Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other Conspiracy Theories / Re: COVID-19
« Last post by nikolai on June 22, 2021, 05:08:02 PM »
My first shot was AstraZeneca and it caused some pain and soreness in shoulder area. I get similar effects from flu shots but this time the pain was harder and lasted longer. My second shot was in last week, Pfizer-BioNTech. No effects at all.

I didn't know you could mix and match like that.
« Last post by Northern Lurker on June 22, 2021, 12:03:49 PM »
My first shot was AstraZeneca and it caused some pain and soreness in shoulder area. I get similar effects from flu shots but this time the pain was harder and lasted longer. My second shot was in last week, Pfizer-BioNTech. No effects at all.
« Last post by gillianren on June 22, 2021, 09:43:34 AM »
All of my parent friends spend their time talking about when the kids can get vaccinated.
The Reality of Apollo / Sample bags
« Last post by Peter B on June 22, 2021, 08:22:50 AM »
Are there any illustrations of the small sample bags used to hold lunar samples?

I've found a couple of pictures of a stack of them in a bundle, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

I'm curious to see the process used to seal them up. From the ALSJ I have a vague memory of some astronauts using the term "zeeing" to describe the sealing process, and I understand the process involved rolling down the top of the bag and then twisting a metal wire around the top of the bag in the shape of a 'Z' (hence the term) to hold it in place. But I'd like to know if there are any photos or video of this process.

Thank you!
« Last post by nikolai on June 21, 2021, 06:54:20 PM »
I had Moderna.

The side effects were somewhere between extremely mild and non-existent.

Very slight, barely noticeable arm soreness.
« Last post by Obviousman on June 21, 2021, 05:07:38 PM »
I didn't have any effects with my first (maybe tender at the injection site for a few hours?), and nothing with the second.

Turns out my eldest sister had her shots the same time - same result (or lack of results).

Next youngest sister had her first weeks ago, and is awaiting her second shot in a couple of weeks time. Same thing - no reaction at all.

These were all AZ.

The youngest sister doesn't want to get vaccinated....
« Last post by LionKing on June 21, 2021, 04:39:55 PM »
Did first shot of Astrazeneca and had side effects. Mysciatic pain flared too much I couldn' t sleep at night and Panadol did not work for me. Second day was better, but still there was some pain, so I sweated it out in the afternoon and woke up healthy.
Still all this is better than having covid and exposing myself to possible death
General Discussion / Re: Nice Touristic Sites
« Last post by LionKing on June 21, 2021, 09:23:00 AM »
Nowadays the USD has exceeded 15 thousand LBP, unfortunately for us, however.🤔
General Discussion / Re: Nice Touristic Sites
« Last post by nikolai on June 20, 2021, 03:38:54 PM »
The only time in my life that I have been a multi-millionaire was when I visited Italy in 1989.... in the "cambiavalute" at a bank in Mendrisio, Switzerland, I exchanged £1000 for L6,500,000 !!

It's not hard to do, on a clear day, I can see from my window into a country where being a multi-millionaire would be about enough to get a hotel room (at a decent but not luxurious hotel) for a night.
General Discussion / Re: Kids say the darnedest things...
« Last post by gillianren on June 09, 2021, 10:01:51 AM »
Zane gets very upset when people mispronounce his classmates' names, which makes me happy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10