Author Topic: 1962 Alcatraz escapees  (Read 4495 times)

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
1962 Alcatraz escapees
« on: October 13, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »
Watched the television show about it last night and the evidence seems to support the claim that at least the 2 brothers made good on their escape eventually ending up in Brazil.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3270269/The-picture-proves-two-inmates-DID-escape-Alcatraz-Notorious-escapees-didn-t-drown-body-surfed-passenger-ferry-freedom-started-farm-Brazil-claims-family.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Offline twik

• Jupiter
Re: 1962 Alcatraz escapees
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »
Well, Mythbusters mentions that the "sharks" that they keep talking about around the island are sand sharks that are placid bottom-feeders.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 05:19:30 PM »
If this is  correct, then they turned their lives around.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 07:04:17 PM »
IF they escaped, they went very quiet for the rest of their lives. Not likely in my opinion.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 09:42:35 PM »
IF they escaped, they went very quiet for the rest of their lives. Not likely in my opinion.
I would tgend to agree, hard to change the leopards spots.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 11:28:23 PM »

If they have been living in Brazil, presumably under false names, now would anyone know?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 05:49:45 AM »

If they have been living in Brazil, presumably under false names, now would anyone know?
I believe Allan and I are/were discussing change in behavior from criminal activities to more socially acceptable behaviors.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 06:21:22 AM »

How would they get there, how would they fund the travel, get new IDs and so forth. Career criminals don't just shed the habit. They needed money for everything.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 07:37:16 AM »

I believe Allan and I are/were discussing change in behavior from criminal activities to more socially acceptable behaviors.

Exactly.

If they have been living in Brazil under false names and they got into troube with police there for criminal activities, who would ever know that they were escapees from The Rock. Their names would be different so no red flags. We're talking 1962 here folks; telephones with operators and patch boards to connect calls, and no computers so no massive criminal databases with facial recognition.

How would they get there, how would they fund the travel, get new IDs and so forth. Career criminals don't just shed the habit. They needed money for everything.

These guys were bank robbers, so maybe they had a stash. Like I said, we are talking 1962; very slack border controls. It would be as easy as pie for a couple of people to work their way to South America on a coastal freighter out of Mexico. If Ronald Biggs could get from England to Brazil via France and Australia over the perios 1965 to 1970 without being caught, why could these two not have done so?

Also, Biggs was a career crimilnal who managed to mostly keep his nose clean thereafter
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »

It's not in the link but the tv show mentioned that the family friend and drug smuggler, Fred Brizzi, had a pilots license and connections in Brazil and they think he helped smuggle them there. The farm that the 2 worked on could of been for pot. It also mentioned that the 2 brothers were very resourceful and had a knack for improvising unlike the way they were portrayed in the Clint Eastwood movie were Frank Morris with his high IQ is generally accepted as being the main mastermind for the escape. I guess the most compelling evidence for me is the facial forensic expert who stated that although not 100% sure, he still felt that the 2 in the photo were most likely the escaped brothers. The retired U.S. Marshall investigator Art Roderick who was in charge of the investigation for 20 years also stated that the photo evidence has convinced him that the pair are alive. His position all along was that they most likely drowned.