Author Topic: What should we really be doing?  (Read 20390 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: What should we really be doing?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 12:54:03 AM »
Oh, and I probably don't need to say it here, but would people please stop saying you can see the Apollo remnants with a backyard telescope?
It is simply not true, and truth should never be supported by lies.

Well, now, that depends.  What remnants are we talking?  If we're talking about the ones still on the Moon, that's lies.  But there are plenty in museums around the world, and if you're in the right place, they're perfectly visible with a backyard telescope.  Or even my puny little digital camera!
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 01:02:49 AM »
"If you're in the right place", even a backyard telescope can see the ones on the moon, and even a "puny little digital camera".
And if so, are you looking for a room-mate?
I'll need help moving, mind.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 01:38:51 PM »
Um, did you read my post?  I said you can't see the ones on the Moon, just the ones in museums.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
Um, did you read my post?  I said you can't see the ones on the Moon, just the ones in museums.
Ah, but you qualified it with "If you're in the right place".
If you are on the moon or a low enough lunar orbit (huzzah no atmosphere!) you could see them with a backyard telescope or digital camera.  ;)
Being on the moon or low, low, lunar orbit being the "right places", yes?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 06:02:51 PM »
Fair enough.  But I'm not in those places, so why would you be interested in being my roommate?  (I haven't even lived near the place where I saw Apollo remnant in person since the '90s.)

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 02:03:11 AM »
But if you were in those places, I'd want to be roomies. I don't take much oxygen, I swear, I'll bring plants!