Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 629832 times)

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
Re: Radiation
« Reply #480 on: March 26, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
Okay.  Don't let the facts...oh, wait...you DID let the facts kick your butt on the way out.
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #481 on: March 26, 2018, 07:01:05 PM »
I have fulfilled my quota for entertaining pompous, self-righteous know-it-alls for this quarter.  I'll check back sometime next quarter to see if the light of epiphany has shined on you guys.  Be well and be vigilant.

Some people know more than you about certain subjects.  Deal with it.  Taking a break would be advisable and welcome if the alternative means watching you continue to argue like a six-year-old.  When and if you return, expect to be subjected to the same level of rigor as before.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #482 on: March 26, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #483 on: March 26, 2018, 07:13:56 PM »
The only explanation that I can deduce for such a low mission dosage is either it was faked or the equipment was archaic and incapable of measuring accurately exposure in the VAB and cislunar space.

So, given those two options, why is fraud your go-to explanation?
Why is a massive global conspiracy involving tens or hundreds of thousands of people more attractive to you than the simple possibility that the dosimeters were not up to the task?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #484 on: March 26, 2018, 07:48:42 PM »
The only explanation that I can deduce for such a low mission dosage is either it was faked or the equipment was archaic and incapable of measuring accurately exposure in the VAB and cislunar space.

Why is a massive global conspiracy involving tens or hundreds of thousands of people more attractive to you than the simple possibility that the dosimeters were not up to the task?

I mean, it couldn't possibly be that he just doesn't understand the subject matter . . . .
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #485 on: March 26, 2018, 07:57:22 PM »
Is this an example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect?

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #486 on: March 26, 2018, 07:58:48 PM »
I think that since he also seems to be into the 9/11 conspiracy, he may be too far gone to reason with.
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #487 on: March 26, 2018, 07:59:22 PM »

I mean, it couldn't possibly be that he just doesn't understand the subject matter . . . .
But that would mean . . . gasp, admitting he was wrong about something! :o I haven't read every post in this thread, but has this happened yet, except for minor matters of manners?

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #488 on: March 26, 2018, 08:28:37 PM »
I have fulfilled my quota for entertaining pompous, self-righteous know-it-alls for this quarter.  I'll check back sometime next quarter to see if the light of epiphany has shined on you guys.  Be well and be vigilant.

Flouncy flouncy.....
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #489 on: March 26, 2018, 08:38:04 PM »
Next time, I am going to run a pool on how many posts people will make before they flounce....

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #490 on: March 26, 2018, 09:15:37 PM »
That reminds me; the link to the bingo cards is dead.  Has it changed?  http://www.apollohoax.net/bingo/

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #491 on: March 26, 2018, 10:23:12 PM »
That reminds me; the link to the bingo cards is dead.  Has it changed?  http://www.apollohoax.net/bingo/
When the website started getting those 508 errors I deactivated a number of plugins hoping to reduce the amount of resources it was using. Now that we're on the new server and I'm confident that the 508 errors are gone I'll bring back the bingo cards.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #492 on: March 26, 2018, 10:34:19 PM »
Next time, I am going to run a pool on how many posts people will make before they flounce....

I think it would vary, depend on each individual HB's tolerance for having their arse handed to them. Another factor could be how long it takes before they realise they are totally out of their depth in the sheer level of knowledge and expertise here. This forum is unlike others on the web; you simply cannot bluff your way past the experts, they will spot you a mile off.

As ex-military with 20 years experience in the Avionics Trade, I am somewhat disappointed with timfinch. I didn't expect a full blown CT nutcase to come from the ranks of the US Navy, especially a technician working on Nuke subs. Disturbing to say the least. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:56:28 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #493 on: March 26, 2018, 10:36:26 PM »
Hey Gillianren, do you remember that episode of Buffy with the girl who got ignored so much that she literally turned invisible?  I sometimes feel that way with some of these HBs.  At least you got one response.  I didn't even get a nibble for the videos on page 22.  The thing is, you and I were asking a simple question that did not require any technical knowledge - just a little self-examination.  "Aye, there's the rub..."

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #494 on: March 26, 2018, 10:49:34 PM »

He didn't technically call us "government schills" or "sheeple", or claim 6 feet of lead would be required, but it's what he implied. So half points for those?  ;)
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)