Author Topic: TV signal so poor, why? PLEASE HELP  (Read 21314 times)

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
Re: TV signal so poor, why? PLEASE HELP
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 05:55:28 PM »
So sts60, what do you think about the major revelation about Mercury on page 29?

In Hoaxland I was whistleblowing on the H-U-G-E cover-up.

In reality, when I read the review where that was mentioned, my heart sank to my feet and I thought, "How the beans did I mess that up??"
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 06:55:40 PM »
I'll take a look tomorrow (it's at the office).   FWIW, I'll mention that I did have the pleasure of working with Olin Graham in the '90s; I recall you had some discussions with him in preparing your book.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
Not Olin, unfortunately. I did speak extensively with Stan Lebar, Sam Russel, John Lowrance, Max Engert and the tracking station guys. With the passing of many of these pioneers I am glad I got to hear their recollections and write about them when I did. The soon-to-be-released follow-up completes the story.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
So sts60, what do you think about the major revelation about Mercury on page 29?
Heh, I think it's funny that the jet-jockeys, famous for their razor-keen focus on the mission, would realize the value of TV for public attention before the NASA hierarchy would. 

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »
Heh, I think it's funny that the jet-jockeys, famous for their razor-keen focus on the mission, would realize the value of TV for public attention before the NASA hierarchy would.
I haven't read the book, but you have to remember too that TV was still a relatively new invention.  JFK was one of the first to make use of the power of the Tube - if you read the transcript, Nixon handed him his head in their televised debate, but viewers thought the made-up, carefully groomed Kennedy won big over the rumpled, five-o'clock-shadowed Nixon.  I'm surprised JFK wasn't pushing hard for on-board TV cameras right from the start.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz