Author Topic: Banned members  (Read 113052 times)

Offline frenat

• Mars
Re: Banned members
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2015, 06:27:47 PM »
I have placed Tindarormkimcha under moderation until I have time to get caught up on his thread. I will then decide whether to keep him under moderation or to ban him for trolling.
Please don't. He is terribly amusing.
I don't know.  I could program a bot to scream everything is fake and accuse everyone of ad hominems.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »
I have placed Tindarormkimcha under moderation until I have time to get caught up on his thread. I will then decide whether to keep him under moderation or to ban him for trolling.
I don't know.  I could program a bot to scream everything is fake and accuse everyone of ad hominems.
Yabbut chew toy.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2015, 06:40:51 PM »
Yabbut chew toy.
You read my mind, I was going to post that he was a bot!!!
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2015, 08:16:13 PM »
Yabbut chew toy.
You read my mind, I was going to post that he was a bot!!!
No that would be DavidC/Rocky/Cosmored.  On the various forums he is still active if you accuse him of being a bot he'll ignore you and disappear for a while.  It is quite comical.  He will NEVER deny the accusation or even respond to it.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »

No that would be DavidC/Rocky/Cosmored.  On the various forums he is still active if you accuse him of being a bot he'll ignore you and disappear for a while.  It is quite comical.  He will NEVER deny the accusation or even respond to it.
Ancient history to me.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »
I've been reviewing http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144487 and he does exhibit the characteristics you described, continually harping on Mike Collins jacket movement in zero G vs. in gravity.  He seems to be rather dense.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2016, 12:48:03 PM »
tradosaurus has been permanently banned for trolling and not answering questions from other members. The final straw was when he posted a conspiracy theory about the Challenger accident in a thread setup as a memorial for the astronauts.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2016, 12:55:56 PM »
tradosaurus has been permanently banned for trolling and not answering questions from other members. The final straw was when he posted a conspiracy theory about the Challenger accident in a thread setup as a memorial for the astronauts.
Thanks, the post was in very poor taste, but in keeping with his observed behavior
Eugene Cernan

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2016, 01:58:41 PM »

Thank you, LO. Most of his posts were mildly amusing trolling, but that one was over the line IMO. Feel free to delete my response to him in that thread.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2016, 09:01:46 AM »
I've been reviewing http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144487 and he does exhibit the characteristics you described, continually harping on Mike Collins jacket movement in zero G vs. in gravity.  He seems to be rather dense.
He is still active around a 13 May 15 posting more BS YT video links.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »
I have banned Scott, it is pretty clear he is just a sock puppet of DavidC/Rocky who was first banned all the way back in 2007.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2016, 09:04:26 PM »
Just out of curiousity, how many HB's are still not banned?

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2016, 09:17:05 PM »
It's hard to say since we can't know for sure how many HBs there are. Are there a hundred of them, or is it just one guy with a hundred different false identities? The fact that they create so many sock puppet accounts tells us a lot about their level of honesty.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2016, 09:25:30 PM »
It's hard to say since we can't know for sure how many HBs there are. Are there a hundred of them, or is it just one guy with a hundred different false identities? The fact that they create so many sock puppet accounts tells us a lot about their level of honesty.

Interesting that Scott registered on March 6, 2012, but he never posted until today.

Males me wonder how many other socks he has lying around here dormant.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2016, 10:03:28 PM »

I think there are a comparatively small number of HBs around the internet generally, but some of them a very prolific, givng the impression that they are rife.

If you look at the number of HBs that turn up on ISF, its very small, and they usually get piled upon rather quickly.

I'm also convinced that there are far more HB usernames than their are users, and yes, I agree that Scott was very likely a sockpuppet of cosmored et al. The posting style was obvious.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.