Author Topic: Life coaching  (Read 3413 times)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
Life coaching
« on: April 20, 2021, 08:56:43 AM »
If you like this domain, this guy is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGGOUeZ2iaFr_ElSOgiAAqoaCmcKduYHA

It makes me very comfortable to listen to him and I said since there are versions in English why not to share with you. It indeed gives us strength to be the controllers of our mood and set of thought rather than being under the control of external events . I hope you like them.
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Life coaching
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 10:16:13 AM »
Life coaching is a scam.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 04:34:41 PM »
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 05:33:15 PM »

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 10:49:02 AM »
Most people, at least in the US, who suffer setbacks do because of unexpected life events.  A global pandemic, say.  Life coaching is a way for someone to make money by telling them it's all their fault, not the system's.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 11:31:44 AM »
Most people, at least in the US, who suffer setbacks do because of unexpected life events.  A global pandemic, say.  Life coaching is a way for someone to make money by telling them it's all their fault, not the system's.

Everyone dreams and hopes of a wonderful life. "Unexpected life events" are all that sit between them and their dreams.

Coaching is a recognised system to help people achieve their goals. It seems clear to me that you do not understand coaching techniques or have experienced them, otherwise you wouldn't be so blatantly and erroneously dismissive of a complete field.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 10:45:59 AM »
It's a completely unregulated and meaningless industry.  I'm glad if you found something that works for you, but the evidence is not there.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 05:12:10 PM »
It's a completely unregulated and meaningless industry.  I'm glad if you found something that works for you, but the evidence is not there.

'Coaching' is recognised throughout sports but as far as 'life coaching'? I stand with Gillianren.