Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
General Discussion / Skylab launch video and animation
« Last post by Peter B on March 09, 2024, 05:07:59 AM »

5 hour video of the launch and aftermath of the launch of Skylab.
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Remarkable eBay find regarding Apollo 11
« Last post by JayUtah on March 08, 2024, 02:09:09 PM »
It's so cute that he thinks an LM door can "slam."
« Last post by onebigmonkey on March 07, 2024, 12:38:02 PM »
Aaand predictaby, the loons have latched on.

The blunder has found yet another (yawn) 'smoking gun', and in a facebook post claims that after Aldrin says he is about to 'partially close the hatch' (the word partially is important here), he hears a creak and a sound of a door 'lightly slamming'.

Not sure I've every 'lightly slammed' a door, but whatever.

He claims to hear the same muffled light slamming at the same point in CBS' footage:

but it's absent in the remastered and other NASA releases.

For my money, the two sounds are entirely different - would be interesting if anyone could compare the nature and timing of them more accurately.

"A-ha!!" He's saying, "the sound of Aldrin slamming the door has been scrubbed, because you couldn't have heard it through the spacesuit microphone".

Or (and here's a wild and crazy suggestion), it's a sound from the TV studio (where presenters were poised to interrupt with observations), or it's from a door opening in Mission Control. The various mission control loops available here https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/ also have no evidence of any kind of door opening & closing sound, or any sound at all.

The Apollo photos clearly show that the hatch wasn't shut completely, so wouldn't have made any sound as it closed, because it wasn't. Occam's razor? The sound is from the TV Studio making the broadcast. CBS & NBC had different noises in different places, and my suggestion is that it's from their studio microphones. The BBC's transmission has no noise at all:

Other Conspiracy Theories / Re: COVID-19
« Last post by Allan F on March 07, 2024, 09:22:36 AM »
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(24)00134-8/fulltext

Man having 217 covid-vaccines. And he's just fine. Don't let the anti-vaxxers know this.
Announcements / Re: New web hosting and down time.
« Last post by Ranb on March 07, 2024, 06:01:16 AM »
It did not allow me to login "forever", but did allow "1 month".  I'm good for another month.  :)
« Last post by LunarOrbit on March 06, 2024, 02:38:54 PM »
Oh, cool! I saw that video in my YouTube recommendations but hadn't watched it until now.

I'll have to send him my family's old home movies on Betamax.  ;D
« Last post by PDI on March 06, 2024, 01:23:20 PM »
Wow, what a find!

Not the "original" tapes that everyone was hoping for, but still amazing that something like this exists after 50+ years.
The Reality of Apollo / Remarkable eBay find regarding Apollo 11
« Last post by mako88sb on March 06, 2024, 11:08:39 AM »
This fairly young guy likes to collect old media equipment and tapes and produced this video of his latest purchase:

« Last post by LunarOrbit on March 05, 2024, 09:40:13 PM »
Apologies - that error is happening again. I went back a couple of times but the same result each time:

Hmm. I haven't been able to reproduce the error on my end. The only thing I can suggest is to try clearing your browsers cache and then re-login to the forum. Maybe there is something cached from the old host, like an old cookie, that is causing the problem.
« Last post by Obviousman on March 05, 2024, 04:06:05 AM »
Apologies - that error is happening again. I went back a couple of times but the same result each time:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10