Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Design your dough
« Last post by LionKing on May 27, 2021, 07:42:20 AM »
Practice makes perfect. If it did not have anything stuffed inside it and you do it wrong you can redo it another time, but the good thing is that you would think you should be a professional to do them when you see them on a table, while it turns out they are easy.
General Discussion / Re: Design your dough
« Last post by molesworth on May 27, 2021, 05:41:28 AM »
Impressive!!  A bit ambitious for me though - I'm still mastering the basics :
Other Conspiracy Theories / Re: COVID-19
« Last post by Peter B on May 27, 2021, 02:55:55 AM »
What amuses me about all this is that work colleagues occasionally quiz me about how I'm feeling after the vaccination, as though I'm their canary in the coalmine to determine whether they'll get vaccinated.

What baffles me is the way some people (not people where I work, I should emphasise) seem to be more scared of a 1 in 100,000 chance of getting likely non-fatal blood clots from the vaccine, than of a 1 in 100 chance of actually dying from COVID-19. I mean, my kids understood what I was getting at when we discussed it at dinner tonight, and the oldest of them is 13.

*sigh*

I spoke too soon. Someone working at a desk near me said a couple of days ago that they weren't getting vaccinated any time soon "because what the doctors are telling us keeps changing", plus they're worried about blood clots.

On the other hand, the latest surge in cases in Melbourne, plus a 7-day lock down, has apparently led to a surge of people seeking vaccinations there.

I suppose our success in Australia in keeping case numbers right down has allowed people the chance to be complacent about vaccinations...
General Discussion / Design your dough
« Last post by LionKing on May 25, 2021, 10:29:00 AM »
Complicated shapes but instant and easy methods !

https://fb.watch/5IMLLWdi6O/

Enjoy
« Last post by molesworth on May 24, 2021, 11:39:55 AM »
My sister put this in family group chat.
Well, [JayUtah's brother-iin-law] got his 2nd dose yesterday. We had an eventful night. He passed out about 3 times, hitting his face on the counter; then leg muscle spasms and chills for about 30 minutes; then nausea. No sore arm, though.
So far that's the most severe reaction in our family.  He's a lieutenant in the Utah National Guard, so what conspiracy theory should I be applying?

Bill Gates is about to take over the US and is disabling all the National Guard troops as a first step :D

Seriously though, that's the worst reaction I've heard about, either via chats or in the media.  At worst, it mostly seems to hit like the flu so I think it might be worth him getting a check up in case there's something worse going on.
« Last post by gillianren on May 24, 2021, 10:37:58 AM »
Meanwhile Graham is going to work today, the day after his, because he's feeling fine.
« Last post by JayUtah on May 24, 2021, 09:59:45 AM »
My sister put this in family group chat.
Well, [JayUtah's brother-iin-law] got his 2nd dose yesterday. We had an eventful night. He passed out about 3 times, hitting his face on the counter; then leg muscle spasms and chills for about 30 minutes; then nausea. No sore arm, though.
So far that's the most severe reaction in our family.  He's a lieutenant in the Utah National Guard, so what conspiracy theory should I be applying?
That looks amazing! I love your work here.
« Last post by JayUtah on May 22, 2021, 12:14:28 PM »
Yup, but we can't have that conversation on BAUT, because the official stance of the leadership there is that there's nothing about the pandemic response that should require talking about politics.

And absurd leadership policy like this is why I no longer read or contribute to BAUT.
« Last post by Peter B on May 21, 2021, 10:34:55 AM »
What amuses me about all this is that work colleagues occasionally quiz me about how I'm feeling after the vaccination, as though I'm their canary in the coalmine to determine whether they'll get vaccinated.

What baffles me is the way some people (not people where I work, I should emphasise) seem to be more scared of a 1 in 100,000 chance of getting likely non-fatal blood clots from the vaccine, than of a 1 in 100 chance of actually dying from COVID-19. I mean, my kids understood what I was getting at when we discussed it at dinner tonight, and the oldest of them is 13.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10