Author Topic: The first telephoto lens used on the Moon is going up for auction  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
Re: The first telephoto lens used on the Moon is going up for auction
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 10:41:44 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/apr/07/NASA-lunar-vehicle-prototype-auction-apollo-missions

The difference is the capitalization of NASA.  In the actual link, NASA is in lowercase, but the board is being "helpful" and capitalizing it for us.

This happens even inside code and tt tags!

Edit to add:  Here is a tiny URL: http://tinyurl.com/jlnz453

Fred
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:50:24 PM by Nowhere Man »
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 11:04:00 PM »
test - please ignore
NASA

Strange. Typed n as a in lowercase, and it came out as uppercase.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 08:51:44 AM »
NASA

Strange. Typed n as a in lowercase, and it came out as uppercase.
I suspect that Lunar Orbit has set up filters to properly capitalize names like nasa.  Similar to the naughty-words filters that would mangle names like Scunthorpe.

Fred
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 11:01:57 AM »
Changing the capitals to lower case did it for me. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan