Author Topic: Discussing The Forum Rules  (Read 68598 times)

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
Re: Discussing The Forum Rules
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 01:28:38 PM »

Hopefully he will soon delete that sickening pile of crap that is your previous post.

I can empathize with you. I remember when I was first challenged to reexamine the holocaust by two French students. I got angry. I responded with profanity. In hindsight I can see how powerfully I'd been brainwashed. It took revelations about 9-11 before I could summon the courage to confront the truth about the holocaust. Please summon the courage.

You can't possibly empathise with me.  You seem incapable of empathising with anyone.

How dare you say such things to me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:30:19 PM by Andromeda »
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »
You can't possibly empathise with me.

I kind of knew a scathing response was coming.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 01:33:14 PM »
You can't possibly empathise with me.

I kind of knew a scathing response was coming.

I'm not a scathing person, really.  But come on.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »
Neil Baker has been placed under moderation. I'll respond in more detail when I'm near a computer.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 02:20:24 PM »

So it shouldn't be a big deal to put it in the list of rules to clarify like I requested to begin with.
LO has given you his reasons, that is all you should need.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 06:41:02 PM »
I'm not a scathing person, really.  But come on.

I penned this earlier, but LO locked the thread for good reason.

Oh, you are a far from scathing, we know that. In fact, your posts are very measured and succinct. I thought your scathing-ness in this case was quite moderate and considered given the offensive material posted by Mr Baker. Had you offered him a full broadside, it would have been richly deserved (IMHO).
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »
I think it's very reasonable to claim the holocaust is a hoax.

And that is just one of the many things you are wrong about. But of course irrational people like you do not always recognize that they are being irrational.

Why do you think a reasonable person would believe the holocaust?

Because the idea that there was a massive international conspiracy to trick people into believing that millions of people were murdered is not even remotely believable. A rational person would recognize that.

But then I was challenged by some French students to reexamine.

Oh, well... if you heard it from some French students then it must be true.  ::)

How about you read the stories of some holocaust survivors? Surely their first-hand knowledge trumps the claims of a bunch of students who were born decades after the fact?

But I know you will just accuse them of lying for no other reason than that you are bigoted against Jews. If you're honest with yourself, you'll know that is true.

So far you have accused survivors of lying, others of conspiring to commit a massive hoax, and pretty much everyone else of being brainwashed idiots. And you still can't comprehend why people find holocaust denial offensive?

I want to follow the rules. Is there a rule that says nobody can be protagonist that the holocaust is a hoax?

The rule is that you can't be offensive. It's the same thing.

Like I said, the rule is vague because there are an infinite number of ways to be offensive. But the reason I didn't immediately ban you is because that rule is vague. Instead I warned you not to continue with that topic.

There is also a rule that says you can't ignore warnings from the moderator, and another saying you can be banned for provoking me. I warned you once that holocaust denial is not welcome in this form, and yet you persisted. That is both ignoring my warning, and provoking me.

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just ban you right now.

I'm not an anti-Semite...

Yes, you are. Your willingness to accept the "challenges" from those French students over the first-hand accounts of holocaust survivors is entirely based on your biases against Jews. 
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 02:07:27 AM »
I was once a believer of the holocaust...But then I was challenged by some French students to reexamine.

Interesting. According to you...
Who else but Americans matter?

As far as foreigners are concerned, you said yourself:
...I wish they would identify themselves so I can ignore them.

Just to clarify: French = non-American = foreigners.

So why would you listen to some students from France?

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 05:21:24 AM »
I was once a believer of the holocaust...But then I was challenged by some French students to reexamine.

Interesting. According to you...
Who else but Americans matter?

As far as foreigners are concerned, you said yourself:
...I wish they would identify themselves so I can ignore them.

Just to clarify: French = non-American = foreigners.

So why would you listen to some students from France?

BUSTED!!!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2015, 07:05:14 AM »
Given Neil's demonstrated inability to understand what consitutes evidence or proof, and his comcommitant inability to critically analyse it, I would venture to guess that one could challenge him to re-examine any historical event and he'd find it wanting in terms of reliable evidence.

I had a few other comments but thought it best to let this part of the discussion die the death it so richly deserves.

My only other comment is one that should be self-evident: the only answer to the question of why holocaust denial is not permitted on this board that matters is 'Lunar Orbit says so'. His board, his rules. End of discussion.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2015, 07:34:25 AM »
Given Neil's demonstrated inability to understand what consitutes evidence or proof, and his comcommitant inability to critically analyse it, I would venture to guess that one could challenge him to re-examine any historical event and he'd find it wanting in terms of reliable evidence.

I had a few other comments but thought it best to let this part of the discussion die the death it so richly deserves.

My only other comment is one that should be self-evident: the only answer to the question of why holocaust denial is not permitted on this board that matters is 'Lunar Orbit says so'. His board, his rules. End of discussion.
Posters have two choices obey the rules whether they like the rules or not OR leave the forum.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2015, 12:28:34 PM »
I think this whole thread is proof (yes, I used that word) that Neil is trying to get banned, and thus feed his martyr self-image.  L.O. could oblige, him since Herr Baker really is a nobody that no-one cares about who hopes that, by being an asshole, people will notice him (I've known some children like this).

L.O. has other options.  If my understanding of "moderation" is correct, the webmaster must approve the moderated person's post for it to appear on the forum.  If L.O. were to decide (and I would most definitely trust his judgement on this) that none of this foaming degenerate's posts have merit, then he can simply not-approve any of them, and this legend-in-his-own-mind will fade away - silently, impotently and without his "Banned" badge-of-honor.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »
That puts a lot of work onto LO, and he may not want to go through that hassle on even a mid-term basis.  My speculation of course.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »
I posted a comment on the main Baker thread, like most threads of this nature, it follows a similar pattern. For the utmost part of the 'debate' Neil remained civil. It would appear that once 'watching' was placed on his account, the thread here (and elsewhere) escalated until he was moderated. The same thing happened with the awe130 thread.

I would surmise that he was trying to get banned as he was no longer in control with a 'watch' status, and sought to be punished for a moral victory. I'm not convinced he failed to understand LO's stark warning about Holocaust revisionism, and I am of the firm belief he upped the ante to get banned so he could claim censorship.

The moderation status is a perfect way to deal with people like Neil, he's no longer in control in his mind, and he'll lose interest and the thread will burn out. OK, I guess LO has to read through Neil's posts, and that adds work, but at least he cannot claim he has been silenced.

I do like how LO only resorts to the ban hammer when the case is very clear and he knows it will save him work, such cases would include spamming and a stream of insults/profanity I guess.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:41:42 PM by Luke Pemberton »

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »
My dads older brother Bill, in 1945 he was part of the British 11th Armoured division that liberated the Belsen concentration camp. To hear him talk about the piles of corpses and emaciated disease ridden survivors, would soon cure Neil of his doubt. But as others have stated, he seems to be pushing for a ban.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)