Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479155 times)

Offline Tedward

• Mars
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #840 on: December 03, 2014, 03:27:11 AM »
Thought grid iron was what we use to cook steaks on?

Egg chasers is a term used by some football fans (not the whirly around things and kicking the round thing around fans). That is that term used for Rugby and wonder if it is meant as a form of derision by some.

Some stadiums in the UK now share between the two sports and it upset some of the footy fans however it made financial sense (according to financial directors when interview).

Now, someone have a word with the Welsh Squad and warn them to stop messing around and pull their fingers out before the Six Nations.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #841 on: December 03, 2014, 06:05:38 AM »
"Four seconds of violence followed by a beer commercial" is why I don't watch football much any more. For all the hubbub, it is really a very slow game.
And of course the beer commercials are invariably more entertaining. At least during the Super Bowl, about the only football game I ever turn on -- and then to watch the commercials and tune out the game.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #842 on: December 03, 2014, 07:55:31 AM »
Calling it "football" is primarily historical; calling it "handegg" would be more accurate but also more stupid.

While it is fun to be snobby whine about what  "football" really is and who should use it, the Cleese rant and others get tiring.  All football games are derived from a similar but but diverse historical source, as you say, and have equal rights to the name.  And of course "Soccer" was an invention of the Football Association in an attempt to differentiate its style of play from other forms of football. And talking about snobby whines, anyone insisting that a ball has to be round is lacking imagination. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #843 on: December 03, 2014, 08:06:59 AM »
Thought grid iron was what we use to cook steaks on?

You need to get up to date on the latest in cooking trends, my friend.  Himalayan Salt Slabs‎ are the new rave for cooking steak. Or more regularly by the more heath minded, fish. They have taken over from the passe cedar plank for gourmet grilling.  Searing marks on the steak are now a sign that the chef is out of touch.   ;)

Of course here in the South, the bacon wrapped, jalapeno and cream cheese stuffed pork tenderloin still rules.  But it is best not to examine such things too closely. 

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #844 on: December 03, 2014, 09:20:56 AM »
To be honest, I am more along the lines of rare. If a good vet can get it going again, just right.

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #845 on: December 03, 2014, 12:11:20 PM »
It has always been a source of mild amusement for me that American Football's main scoring method is called a "touchdown" when in fact they don't have to touch the ball down, while Rugby Football's main scoring method is not called a touchdown but they do!

In fairness, in rugby we also have a try... if we were taking Yoda's advice, it should really be called a "do", since it's something that has actually been achieved.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #846 on: December 03, 2014, 12:23:39 PM »
It has always been a source of mild amusement for me that American Football's main scoring method is called a "touchdown" when in fact they don't have to touch the ball down, while Rugby Football's main scoring method is not called a touchdown but they do!

In fairness, in rugby we also have a try... if we were taking Yoda's advice, it should really be called a "do", since it's something that has actually been achieved.

As I recall crossing the line allowed you to have a 'try' at scoring a goal through the sticks.

Someone must have realised eventually that the former was much more exciting.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #847 on: December 03, 2014, 12:57:43 PM »
Skinny Splash's post has been removed from the nomination thread and put back under the closed thread where it came from.  It would seem that ICF is just not the place to discuss the departed Dr.T's personal life. 

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #848 on: December 03, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »
It would seem that ICF is just not the place to discuss the departed Dr.T's personal life.

Clearly not.  Patrick1000 was banned ostensibly for making legal threats against the JREF management.  If that's the case, the moderators will naturally avoid content that may provide evidence of exactly the sort of liability Patrick1000 threatened.  However I find it especially telling that Skinny Splash's major focus appears to be convincing everyone that Patrick1000 really was Patrick Tekeli, MD -- and what a wonderful person Tekeli was.  The Push-Up red herring is no different than Tekeli the Famous Bicycle Designer.  I think his effort is motivated more by avoiding the speculation that all along it has been Michael Tekeli the relatively unimpressive and patently conspiracist brother.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #849 on: December 03, 2014, 03:45:13 PM »
It would seem that ICF is just not the place to discuss the departed Dr.T's personal life.

Clearly not.  Patrick1000 was banned ostensibly for making legal threats against the JREF management.  If that's the case, the moderators will naturally avoid content that may provide evidence of exactly the sort of liability Patrick1000 threatened.  However I find it especially telling that Skinny Splash's major focus appears to be convincing everyone that Patrick1000 really was Patrick Tekeli, MD -- and what a wonderful person Tekeli was.  The Push-Up red herring is no different than Tekeli the Famous Bicycle Designer.  I think his effort is motivated more by avoiding the speculation that all along it has been Michael Tekeli the relatively unimpressive and patently conspiracist brother.

Didn't the mad doc do a voice over on his videos that matched the voice over on his banjo playing?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #850 on: December 05, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »
I don't know; I'm not sure I ever saw either of the videos.

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
« Reply #851 on: December 06, 2014, 06:21:49 AM »
  I think his effort is motivated more by avoiding the speculation that all along it has been Michael Tekeli the relatively unimpressive and patently conspiracist brother.

I'd agree, but the only thing that puzzles me is why Michael hasn't continued his campaign to bust Apollo perps by creating new socks all over the place.  Maybe he feels guilty about making his brother look like a moron and it just isn't much fun anymore.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #852 on: December 07, 2014, 11:21:14 AM »
Speaking of FatFreddy88/Cosmored, here's as fine an example of thread necromancy as you're likely to see:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125628&page=24

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #853 on: December 07, 2014, 11:31:25 AM »
Yeah, the typical linkspam about how all his discussions were cut short just as he was about to be brilliant.  He and Adrian will certainly get along well.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #854 on: December 07, 2014, 01:56:33 PM »
Speaking of FatFreddy88/Cosmored, here's as fine an example of thread necromancy as you're likely to see:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125628&page=24

He says on his spurstalk post about the DavidIcke forum post (he's got a thread where he claims censorship everytime he gets banned for posting his wall of linkspam) that he stopped posting on the DI forum because they were deleting his posts.  What he doesn't say is at the time he stopped posting he also claimed that the DI forum was influenced by the government/run by NASA/full of shills or whatever his current nutty excuse was.  Anything to avoid taking any personal responsibility.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.