Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Tongan eruption and Scott Manley
« Last post by Zakalwe on Today at 05:56:30 AM »
There's always been idiots in the world.
It's just that modern communications allow them to spread their nonsense far and wide in ways that were impossible only 40 years ago.
« Last post by Peter B on Today at 05:45:27 AM »
Scott Manley has uploaded an impressive video about the recent volcanic eruption in Tonga. As I write this, over 900k views.

But I was astonished at the number of comments from flat earthers.

I seriously had no idea they existed in such numbers!

Gah!

Pound to a pinch of dog turd they will be multiple accounts for the same few people.

Ah, good point.
« Last post by smartcooky on Today at 03:33:06 AM »
Scott Manley has uploaded an impressive video about the recent volcanic eruption in Tonga. As I write this, over 900k views.

Gah!

Pound to a pinch of dog turd they will be multiple accounts for the same few people.
General Discussion / Tongan eruption and Scott Manley
« Last post by Peter B on January 16, 2022, 09:21:28 PM »

Gah!
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Linus on the Saturn V IU
« Last post by Glom on January 15, 2022, 03:36:13 PM »
Interesting.
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Linus on the Saturn V IU
« Last post by smartcooky on January 13, 2022, 07:53:34 PM »
I've seen Destin's companion video which goes into more detail about the woven memory cores. Its a lot longer (about 45 minutes) but if this stuff really does interest you, its worth every minute.

I started a thread about it about a year ago

https://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=1828.msg55055#msg55055

The Reality of Apollo / Linus on the Saturn V IU
« Last post by Glom on January 13, 2022, 01:43:12 PM »
https://youtu.be/olRF5Ckaga0

Don't know if people have seen this video by Linus on the Saturn V IU. Interesting to see someone who normally talks about the latest gaming hardware talk about something of such a different generation.
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Apollo 8 TV question
« Last post by dwight on January 11, 2022, 03:12:32 PM »
Hi Jason, my sincerest apologies for not replying earlier. I was flat out the 2nd half of last year with promoting Searching for Skylab.

So now on to your question. At the time there was no TV monitor small enough to function as a monitor for the TV camera. There were optical view-finder solutions available for the RCA SSTV camera, but I am unsure whether the astronauts used it or not. It was probably less time consuming to point and shoot and let MOCR tell them how it looked.. Stan Lebar was telling me how they were looking for options for the sequential colour Westinghouse TV camera, when someone alerted them to a person in Tokyo who was specializing in making mini-monitors. Westinghouse purchased them from him and developed the unit seen in photos from the Apollo 10 and 11 missions.
General Discussion / Re: James Webb Space Telescope
« Last post by molesworth on January 08, 2022, 02:05:20 PM »
My morbid thougts on this telescope have been relieved to a large part, now for the calibrating, etc.
Agreed!  After all the delays and setbacks I was expecting problems with the various mechanisms sticking.  It looks like we'll finally get a working telescope, and some incredible views of the universe.
General Discussion / Re: James Webb Space Telescope
« Last post by bknight on January 08, 2022, 10:57:18 AM »
My morbid thougts on this telescope have been relieved to a large part, now for the calibrating, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10