Author Topic: ALSJ issues  (Read 3421 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
ALSJ issues
« on: July 28, 2016, 01:39:04 PM »
Is anyone else having difficulty opening up ALSJ today, 28 Jul 16?  I get an error message "To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame."

Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
Re: ALSJ issues
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »
I sent a message to ALSJ yesterday via their Facebook page and I got a reply from Ken Glover himself. They are indeed having problems displaying their webpages via frames, and they're working on fixing the problem. In the meantime, you should be able to right-click on links and choose 'display in new tab'.

The idiot Expattaffy1 is under the delusion that NASA has taken ALSJ down due to revelations contained in his latest video. Check out the comment section there. Hilarious.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »
I sent a message to ALSJ yesterday via their Facebook page and I got a reply from Ken Glover himself. They are indeed having problems displaying their webpages via frames, and they're working on fixing the problem. In the meantime, you should be able to right-click on links and choose 'display in new tab'.

The idiot Expattaffy1 is under the delusion that NASA has taken ALSJ down due to revelations contained in his latest video. Check out the comment section there. Hilarious.

I tried that, new window, but with no success.
Of course taffy would say such nonsense.  Now wait until they get it back up and running and he will contend that parts are "missing" ::)

Thanks
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

Some links do work. For example:

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/images16.html

You should at least be able to access the image libraries for all missions using variations of that link. The MET links in the image lists also seem to work, so you can get into the journal that way.

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 02:51:54 PM »

Some links do work. For example:

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/images16.html

You should at least be able to access the image libraries for all missions using variations of that link. The MET links in the image lists also seem to work, so you can get into the journal that way.

Actually, the journal links should work too:

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11j.html

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 03:18:53 PM »
Yes, those work.
Thanks again.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 05:11:13 AM »

Funny stuff :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 07:29:35 AM »
The site is back up and running(30 Jul 2016).  It appears that NASA did a security update a few days ago and that knocked it off line.
Eugene Cernan