Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 828191 times)

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »
All you need to do is to convince a certain engineer that a flight to the Moon is possible:

http://www.members.tripod.com/heiwaco/moontravel.htm
Reason why human Moon (or future Mars) travel is not possible as per the NASA Apollo fairy tale is that, with given heavy, great mass m of various modules and inefficient rocket engines, sufficient rocket fuel to enter/brake into Moon orbit (event #6), to get/accelerate out of Moon orbit (event #15) and to brake in Earth's atmosphere before splash down (event #19) on Earth cannot be carried along.

Actually only way to go to Moon and back is using very light weight robots and modules and to chose a long, slow velocity path through space using Sun's gravity, so that arrival speeds and energy requirements are minimum to reduce fuel consumption for braking and accelerating. Prove me wrong and earn € 1 000 000:-. Only fools believe human space travel is possible at all ... and there are many such persons, incl. PhDs of all kind.

Just a quick warning, though: he also doubts a) the Space Shuttle , b) Soyuz, c) the Mars Science Laboratory, and d) nuclear weapons, among other things. :D

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »
My browser won't let me visit that page; it says it's been distributing malware.  Still, I don't think he's actually an engineer.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:22:16 PM »
My browser won't let me visit that page; it says it's been distributing malware.

Oh, crap. :( I didn't get any warning, probably because I'm using Linux.

Still, I don't think he's actually an engineer.
He claims to be a "M.Sc. Naval Architect and Marine Engineer", "with more than 40 years experience of oil tanker and ferry design, construction and operations worldwide".

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:44:43 PM »
What did he design, the Exxon Valdez?

He also thinks Neil Armstrong's spacesuit 'doesn't look airtight'. I'm convinced.

On a less frivolous note, he also makes a tasteless remark about Gabrielle Giffords. First class a***hole in my opinion.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »
That's Anders Björkman.  He's no engineer.  He's a blowhard conspiracy theorist who goes around pretending to investigate engineering incidents (especially maritime incidents like the Estonia accident) and writing popular books attributing them to conspiracies.  There's no point drooling over the million Euros because he doesn't have it and there's no talking him out of his delusions.  He's about as woo as they come.

His fuel "study" is based on his personal inability to discover the published parameters and his inability to work the rocket equations properly and to understand astrodynamics.  He attributes these, his personal failures, to NASA and claims NASA is hiding things.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »
Did he actually attempt the calculations?

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »
Did he actually attempt the calculations?

He attempted something:
To reduce the speed of a mass of 43 000 kg from 2 400 to 1 500 m/s you need 75.47 GJ brake energy! If 1 kg rocket fuel produce 1.63 MJ energy it seems you need 46 300 kg fuel for this maneouvre. You should wonder, where it was carried.

Gigajoules??? 75 gigajoules???

Offline DataCable

• Earth
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »
ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE JIGGAJOULES!
Bearer of the highly coveted "I Found Venus In 9 Apollo Photos" sweatsocks.

"you data is still open for interpretation, after all a NASA employee might of wipe a booger or dropped a hair on it" - showtime

DataCable2015 A+

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:09:56 AM »
There's no point drooling over the million Euros because he doesn't have it and there's no talking him out of his delusions.  He's about as woo as they come.

Yes, the thread title was pretty much tongue-in-cheek, that's why I added the winking smiley.

The disturbing part for me is that he shares views (even LEO human spaceflight is fake) with one mass shooter (Loughner), and a first name with another (Breivik). Though I guess "Anders" is a common name in that part of the world.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:18:57 AM »
Someone calling themselves 'Heiwa' has just joined the board. If it's him, perhaps he's come here to discuss his views.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline grmcdorman

• Earth
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 09:20:15 AM »
He's also firmly in the "tall buildings cannot collapse" camp (according to him, they will self-arrest). He had a similar "challenge" on that; there's a long thread in the JREF 9/11 conspiracy forums with him on it. Again, failed engineering. (He's no longer a JREF member, by the way; banned some time ago for membership agreement violations.)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »
He's also firmly in the "tall buildings cannot collapse" camp (according to him, they will self-arrest). He had a similar "challenge" on that; there's a long thread in the JREF 9/11 conspiracy forums with him on it. Again, failed engineering. (He's no longer a JREF member, by the way; banned some time ago for membership agreement violations.)

You just know that if the builders of the old twin towers had used concrete instead of drywall allowing the buildings to withstand the fire, the conspiracy theory would have been about how strange it was that the buildings could take such an assault rather than how easily they gave in.

In conspiracy world, science and engineering is whatever they need to be to point to a conspiracy.

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
Someone calling themselves 'Heiwa' has just joined the board. If it's him, perhaps he's come here to discuss his views.

I noted some visitors to my popular web site from Apollohoaxforum so I decided to join. My name is actually Anders Björkman but on Internet forums I am Heiwa. My company is Heiwa Co. A am evidently an engineer and work scientifically using first principles all the time. I am not in conspiracy theories. I just report my observations and calculations and results. If you do not like them, tell me what is wrong with them.

Do not worry. The MONEY is there for anyone, incl. NASA, JPL, SPACEX, ESA, to show that human moon travel is possible, à la Apollo 11 1969. Just copy paste the Apollo 11 NASA data and demonstrate that it really works and the money is yours. IMHO it was a hoax 1969.

Like the 9/11 2001 WTC tower global progressive collapses from top down shown live on five US TV channels. Cannot happen in the real world, i.e. it was another Apollo 11 type hoax. I pay anybody €1M to prove me wrong there too.

You see, I am a generous person. And pls follow the forum rules when replying. Do not shoot at the piano player. Listen to the music and say what's wrong with it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:29:42 PM by Heiwa »

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »
Are you the same Anders as on the David Icke forum?  If so then I don't believe you have the money or are an engineer of any type.  That person has shown repeatedly they are completely unreasonable.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »
Are you the same Anders as on the David Icke forum?  If so then I don't believe you have the money or are an engineer of any type.  That person has shown repeatedly they are completely unreasonable.

Probably not. What you believe is evidenly off topic. You have to visit my web site, link given in post #1 and then continue to the Heiwa Challenges web page and then start working showing that you are more clever than me.

Re Moon travel you have, e.g. to show how you brake to get into Moon orbit and not fly bye into eternity and, after having planted the flag on the Moon, etc, you have to show how to accelerate to get out of Moon orbit direction Earth (and not into eternity).

Every change in speed or direction during Moon travel requires energy and your job is to show you have that energy with you during travel from start. You are the Master of the space ship and must know you have enough energy (fuel) to do the job. If you cannot do that, you die.

As a Moon travel safety consultant I do not want that to happen to you. 

I evidently do not believe space ship Master Neil Armstrong of space ship Apollo 11 carried enough energy (fuel) to get to the Moon and back 1969. I think he made it up to impress people. Like any drunken sailor. You know anything happens at sea but a lot doesn't happen at sea ... or in space.

And pls do not call me a conspiracy theorist, if you you ever get that idea. I am a safety consultant.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:58:12 PM by Heiwa »