Author Topic: Retrieving deleted photos - iphone  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Retrieving deleted photos - iphone
« on: July 15, 2021, 04:43:53 AM »
Hi folks

13YOS is in the dog house because he deleted some photos from his iphone. The reason this is a problem is that his phone is linked to my wife's phone, so the photos also disappeared from her phone. And they weren't backed up anywhere else.

Naturally she'd like them back. She has an iphone X and she thinks it uses iOS 14.6. (Would it help to know son's iphone details?)

Can anyone suggest a way to retrieve them please?

Thank you!

Offline nikolai

• Mercury
Re: Retrieving deleted photos - iphone
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 05:22:52 AM »
Hi folks

13YOS is in the dog house because he deleted some photos from his iphone. The reason this is a problem is that his phone is linked to my wife's phone, so the photos also disappeared from her phone. And they weren't backed up anywhere else.

Naturally she'd like them back. She has an iphone X and she thinks it uses iOS 14.6. (Would it help to know son's iphone details?)

Thank you!

If they are in the Photo app, they might be in the "Recently Deleted" section.  Open the photo app, click on the "Albums" icon at the bottom, and scroll down until you see "Recently Deleted".

If they are stored somewhere other than in the Photo app, then it may depend on where they are.

If my suggested solution works, then 13YOS is indebted to me, which I guarantee you is not a place he will like being.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 07:28:56 AM »
Hi folks

Thank you!

Seems obvious, but it needs to be asked.... iCloud?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 09:37:59 AM »
No, not in deleted or on the Cloud.

Wife has suggested we go to the Apple shop, so we'll be there tomorrow afternoon...

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 01:10:57 AM »
No, not in deleted or on the Cloud.

Wife has suggested we go to the Apple shop, so we'll be there tomorrow afternoon...

I'm pretty sure I know what they will tell you - what they always tell their clients... there is no way to get them back!

Where do you live?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 01:12:29 AM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline nikolai

• Mercury