Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479054 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #975 on: January 20, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »
Was the Ektachrome SO-160 film used on the lunar surface the same as today's Ektachrome 160T? T for Tungsten, I'm guessing.

I don't think so.  The Apollo film was the E-3 process, and I believe today's Ektachrome is E-6.
SLIGHT HIJACK
Jay:
Did you ever find the original scans for A11?   If so, what is/was the format or the original digital images?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #976 on: January 20, 2016, 12:20:11 PM »
I haven't found them yet.  I recall they were TIFF files.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #977 on: January 20, 2016, 12:55:55 PM »
That makes sense then.  I along with BertieSlack have been attempting to tell expattafy1 that the Photoshop metadata file information does indicate that the file has been PhotoShopped.  Just that software converted the file to the jpg format.  A new idea to me, but not to the current Hoaxers, like hunchbacked, have posted nonsense on the YT channels. The only information file I could find was:

https://pseudoastro.wordpress.com/tag/photoshop/
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #978 on: January 20, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »
Another subject that we can add to the long list of things that hoaxes know nothing about.....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #979 on: January 20, 2016, 01:31:41 PM »
Another subject that we can add to the long list of things that hoaxes know nothing about.....
Discussing ANYTHING with expattaffy1 is a journey into obscene unreality.  Never have I have the  incidence of a rude nasty individual.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #980 on: January 20, 2016, 02:30:18 PM »
Kip Thorne mailed me about that. TIFF with colour balance adjusted as I recall. I will dig out the mail.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #981 on: January 20, 2016, 02:58:28 PM »
Discussing ANYTHING with expattaffy1 is a journey into obscene unreality.  Never have I have the  incidence of a rude nasty individual.

He is a particularly loony examples of a pretty loony set of people. Didn't he admit to having a stroke a couple of years back? It's very possible that his cognitive abilities have been impaired (certainly his eyesight seems to be a bit <ahem> strange). If so, then perhaps his family should restrict his Internet access as he certainly makes himself look like a fool.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #982 on: January 20, 2016, 03:06:36 PM »

He is a particularly loony examples of a pretty loony set of people. Didn't he admit to having a stroke a couple of years back? It's very possible that his cognitive abilities have been impaired (certainly his eyesight seems to be a bit <ahem> strange). If so, then perhaps his family should restrict his Internet access as he certainly makes himself look like a fool.
Um, more or less ancient news to me before early in 2015, however, yes his eyesight is poor to non existent. Joan Evans posted a video that was concerned with Al Sheppard having only one leg as taffy had indicated on one of his videos.  She painfully showed him that the MET was blocking an image of his right leg.  I tried to continue and expand a refutation of his believe.  Then he started the BS about his foot had been Photoshopped onto the image. and ensuing the metadata file information.
To a casual, lazy individual that stumbles into the video may believe that information "proves" editing, instead of checking on the proposition.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #983 on: January 20, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »

Um, more or less ancient news to me before early in 2015, however, yes his eyesight is poor to non existent. Joan Evans posted a video that was concerned with Al Sheppard having only one leg as taffy had indicated on one of his videos.  She painfully showed him that the MET was blocking an image of his right leg.  I tried to continue and expand a refutation of his believe.  Then he started the BS about his foot had been Photoshopped onto the image. and ensuing the metadata file information.
To a casual, lazy individual that stumbles into the video may believe that information "proves" editing, instead of checking on the proposition.

More than 2 minutes listening to him waffle on about hinges or erections should pretty much convince the vast majority of sane people that expattaffy is quite a few slices short of a full loaf. The guy is a card-carrying, fully paid-up member of the lunatic fringe.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #984 on: January 20, 2016, 03:14:22 PM »

More than 2 minutes listening to him waffle on about hinges or erections should pretty much convince the vast majority of sane people that expattaffy is quite a few slices short of a full loaf. The guy is a card-carrying, fully paid-up member of the lunatic fringe.
Heading for the kitchen, to clean off the coffee spew!
Eugene Cernan

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #985 on: January 20, 2016, 08:56:29 PM »

Five or six years ago, I had the misfortune of getting sucked into a discussion thread on another space forum and there was some guy going on and on and on about "William Rutledge" and that cursed Apollo 20 mission. This guy was the most vile person I have ever had the displeasure of being in contact with. Every other post was filled with assertions of homosexual behavior between other posters, bestiality intimations, incest accusations, and the vast quantities of illegal narcotics everyone else (besides him) must have been consuming, among other vile things. Several of us sent PMs with plaintive pleas to the board owner to intervene, and it was nine or ten days before Mr. Disgusting got the boot, all because the board owner had suffered a broken arm and was unable to come on the board.

Worst experience of my life. And another reason I desperately despise hoax nuts.
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #986 on: January 21, 2016, 09:46:22 AM »
This guy was the most vile person I have ever had the displeasure of being in contact with.

This was Jarrah's experience at Yahoo back in (I want to say) 2004.  He was considerably intemperate, foul-mouthed, and rude.  He rebuffed other participants' requests for restraint, citing what he asserted to be his prerogative to employ whatever means were required to destroy the evil that was me and my colleagues.  Obviously that episode didn't end well, but it did give me a laugh when he accused me of hacking his computer.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #987 on: January 21, 2016, 09:49:41 AM »
This guy was the most vile person I have ever had the displeasure of being in contact with.

This was Jarrah's experience at Yahoo back in (I want to say) 2004.  He was considerably intemperate, foul-mouthed, and rude.  He rebuffed other participants' requests for restraint, citing what he asserted to be his prerogative to employ whatever means were required to destroy the evil that was me and my colleagues.  Obviously that episode didn't end well, but it did give me a laugh when he accused me of hacking his computer.
LOL, you are the great evil person on the payroll for defending the truth???
Shame on you. ::)
Eugene Cernan

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #988 on: January 21, 2016, 11:58:40 AM »

Wait, what?   There's a payroll?
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #989 on: January 21, 2016, 12:01:41 PM »

Wait, what?   There's a payroll?
ONLY if you are a hoaxer! :)
Eugene Cernan