Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 616577 times)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
Re: Radiation
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2018, 12:39:16 PM »
Welcome Tim.

I believe that current technology has not advanced to the point that it can be done safely.  I believe sixties technology was wholly incapable.

Then you will have to explain why your belief is more valid than that of people who work in the aerospace industry, and where the qualified professionals who share this belief are.

I believe the Apollo missions to the moon if they occurred at all were unmanned.

Then you will have to provide evidence of how they were accomplished unmanned in such a way as to convincingly fake manned flights to the extent seen in the record.

I believe the truth of the deception can be deduced from the space mission data conducted this century.

ANd you will have to explain why the data gathered in the previous century is insufficient and what 'new discoveries' this century have allowed that conclusion.

But for now you can start by addressing the radiation claims in this thread.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2018, 12:50:29 PM »
I am ready to prove my beliefs.

A quick question for you:

What were the first living organisms to leave LEO and fly to the Moon?

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2018, 12:51:18 PM »
If the data obtained by the MSL/RAD transit to Mars is to believed then it can be ascertained that cislunar space has a background GCR radiation level of approximately .45 mgy/day.  That would imply that irrespective of VAB transit all apollo missions would have as a base line a corresponding dose level.  of the nine apollo lunar missions only 5 had such a level.  If you add the anticipated VAB transit exposures then only Apollo 14 have a high enough exposure to have actually traveled through the VAB and cislunar space.  It is interesting to note that all of exposure levels of the lunar flights correspond closely to LEO missions.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2018, 12:54:01 PM »

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2018, 12:56:31 PM »
THis has already been addressed in this thread. Please read the existing content.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2018, 01:00:05 PM »
It has not been addressed to my satisfaction.

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2018, 01:02:53 PM »
I am ready to prove my beliefs.

A quick question for you:

What were the first living organisms to leave LEO and fly to the Moon?

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/12/who-was-first-in-the-race-to-the-moon-the-tortoise/266665/

Did you know that the Zond lunar fly-bys also had radiation detection equipment onboard? The Soviets published their radiation data from the missions. The concluding sentence from their published paper is:
"7-day flights on the Zond trajectories are safe from the radiation point of view".
You can find an English translation of the paper on the CERN website.
So the Soviets knew - prior to Apollo 8 - that radiation would not prevent manned lunar missions.

Are you familiar with radiation results from India's Chandrayaan-1 mission?

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2018, 01:05:09 PM »
I am not speaking of safety, I am speaking of credible data.  The exposure levels of the Apollo missions do not correspond to current data expectations.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2018, 01:09:21 PM »
It has not been addressed to my satisfaction.

Then explain why. And start by providing the source for the data you are basing your conclusions on so we can all actually see it.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2018, 01:13:33 PM »
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1503.06631.pdf

I have already stated that It is my opinion that cislunar travel encounters a baseline GCR level of .45 mgy/day.  All lunar missions must have as a minimum this level as we lack the technology to shield the high energy proton radiation of GCR's.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2018, 01:23:19 PM »
FYI.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2018, 02:11:40 PM »
I am curious. What other data sets have you examined? What you have here are two sets that appear at first glance to contradict. What have you done to examine which is the anomaly, if any? There have been countless other probes that have measured radiation in cislunar and interplanetary space. WHich of them have you examined?

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2018, 02:23:05 PM »
I have examined everything I could find on the subject.  I have combed the NASA sites and looked at most of the conspiracy sites.  I looked at the Chang'e and Selene data and the Zond data.  I have a background in radiation work and it struck me as odd that the Lunar mission doses were so similar to the LEO doses that I pursued the data trying to come to terms with why that was the case.  Everything I have researched indicates one of two things.  Either the data is incorrect/fabricated or it was taken from LEO missions and not actual lunar transits.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2018, 02:29:21 PM »
Where is the contradiction in the data sets?  It is not obvious to me.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:35:54 PM by timfinch »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2018, 03:03:13 PM »
...  I have a background in radiation work ...

Please elaborate what background in radiation you have?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan