Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Other Conspiracy Theories / Re: COVID-19
« Last post by nikolai on July 06, 2021, 08:24:45 AM »
As one state Chief Health Officer said, she didn't want an 18-year-old to die from blood clots caused by the vaccine who'd be less likely to die if they caught COVID. (Still, I'm not sure I accept the logic - there's more to consider than the relative likelihood of dying from COVID or the vaccine, such as how likely that person is to infect others if they're vaccinated or unvaccinated.)

I think there are some other issues there as well.

The reason Australia has kept the case numbers low, is because they have imposed serious restrictions on travel, and have quarantines when there is an outbreak.

So are they going to keep doing this, forever?

Are they going to wait until the rest of the world gets things under control (largely using vaccination), and then open up?  Well unless the rest of the world eradicates the virus (unlikely), then it will eventually get back to Australia and its largely unvaccinated population, and it's back to the beginning.

I see a few options here.

a) Live under serious restrictions, forever.

b) Let the virus rip through the largely unvaccinated population, and who gets sick gets sick, and who dies dies.

c) Get the needles out and start vaccinating.  Well I know they've already been vaccinating, but vaccinate more.

Are there other options?
« Last post by Peter B on July 05, 2021, 08:21:42 PM »
At time of posting, in Australia, only about 9% are fully vaccinated. And this amazes me: amongst the 70+ age group nationally, who are at most at risk, only 16.6% are fully vaccinated!
Perhaps it's because Australia has done so well in controlling the spread of infections that a lot of people don't think there's as much risk.  People will likely think that if the measures so far have kept everyone reasonably safe, then vaccination is just an extra add-on which they can get round to as and when.

Although I have to say just about all my friends and rellies in Oz have had theirs.

Partly that, but more because supply of vaccines has been pretty low. And on top of that, most of the available vaccine supply has been AZ which is now not recommended for under-40s.

As one state Chief Health Officer said, she didn't want an 18-year-old to die from blood clots caused by the vaccine who'd be less likely to die if they caught COVID. (Still, I'm not sure I accept the logic - there's more to consider than the relative likelihood of dying from COVID or the vaccine, such as how likely that person is to infect others if they're vaccinated or unvaccinated.)
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Apollo 11 EVA in 5 minutes - animation from above
« Last post by molesworth on July 05, 2021, 05:16:07 PM »
Really good for getting an overview of the surface activities on the mission.

I wonder what technology he used to do this - e.g. is it built from the actual images and video/film, or is it purely simulation?  I had a look on his channel but couldn't see an explanation.
« Last post by molesworth on July 05, 2021, 04:52:02 PM »
At time of posting, in Australia, only about 9% are fully vaccinated. And this amazes me: amongst the 70+ age group nationally, who are at most at risk, only 16.6% are fully vaccinated!
Perhaps it's because Australia has done so well in controlling the spread of infections that a lot of people don't think there's as much risk.  People will likely think that if the measures so far have kept everyone reasonably safe, then vaccination is just an extra add-on which they can get round to as and when.

Although I have to say just about all my friends and rellies in Oz have had theirs.
« Last post by Obviousman on July 05, 2021, 04:31:05 PM »
Excellent video.
« Last post by gillianren on July 05, 2021, 11:53:45 AM »
I wonder what can be done to persuade more people to get the shot.  One of our counties--unsurprisingly to me in the southeast corner of the state--is at less than 25% fully vaccinated.
« Last post by Obviousman on July 04, 2021, 04:19:36 PM »
Ditto AZ 1 & 2.
« Last post by bknight on July 04, 2021, 11:17:18 AM »
I wonder what the booster will do to us physically.  We suffered only minor symptoms from Pfizer 1 and 2.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]