Author Topic: Problem with "next" button  (Read 12918 times)

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
Problem with "next" button
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:58:56 AM »
Hi Jay,
  The first page on Kaysing has a "next" button that just goes to an empty page. That's not all you have on Kaysing, is it?
Also, the "prev" button on that next page doesn't work.
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Problem with "next" button
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:02:23 PM »
Yeah, those are known to be broken.  Back in 1999 when I first designed the site, I had in mind you could read through the various sections (chapters) like a book.  But that turned out not to be generally how people wanted to read it, so most of the links just point to an empty page.  Some notable exceptions are multi-page reviews where you want to read from page to page.

In the rework of the site, which should happen Real Soon Now, they'll be removed where they aren't useful.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
Re: Problem with "next" button
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:45:47 AM »
Yeah, those are known to be broken.  Back in 1999 when I first designed the site, I had in mind you could read through the various sections (chapters) like a book.  But that turned out not to be generally how people wanted to read it, so most of the links just point to an empty page.  Some notable exceptions are multi-page reviews where you want to read from page to page.

In the rework of the site, which should happen Real Soon Now, they'll be removed where they aren't useful.

Thanks.
It seems a shame that any work you've done is buried under dead links. What a waste! (Like several of my videos that were removed by WunderBlunder's bogus ToS complaints after all his DMCA takedowns were overturned. In addition to Phil Webb's four fine videos on DMCA).
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)