Author Topic: Broken custom search and outdated forum link  (Read 25174 times)

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
Broken custom search and outdated forum link
« on: April 02, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »
The "Please give us feedback at our web forum." link on Clavius still links to the old forum.

Trying to use the search box gives me a Google error page:

We're sorry...

... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

Perhaps the Google custom search settings are old?

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Re: Broken custom search and outdated forum link
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 09:05:24 PM »
Another dead link: On page http://www.clavius.org/bibsites.html there's a link to lunaranomalies.com which doesn't work.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »
Another dead link: On page http://www.clavius.org/bibsites.html there's a link to lunaranomalies.com which doesn't work.
Well, it works... if what you want is a page explaining what medical insurance is, in Japanese.  ;)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
I've just tried a few (allI) of the hoax-links on the same side. Most are dead.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »
I've just tried a few (allI) of the hoax-links on the same side. Most are dead.

If by the "same site" you mean the Bibliography link, there are only three dead links. Two of them are to Geocities (NASAScam and "Unanswered Questions about the Moon Landings"), one is to Angelfire ("Moon Fakers?"). Geocities was closed down, though there have been efforts to archive it, so copies probably could be found. The one on Angelfire either fell victim to a similar situation or was removed by the user. In all cases, the Internet Archive probably has copies of the content.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
NASAScam is now here http://nasascam.atspace.co.uk/

An archived copy of "Moon Fakers" : http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/moon_fakers.htm

An archived copy of "Unanswered Questions about the Moon Landings" : http://www.oocities.org/SoHo/4071/moon.html
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
Broken custom search and outdated forum link
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
I just took a look at NASAScam.  Wow.  Just wow.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 08:19:06 PM »
I just took a look at NASAScam.  Wow.  Just wow.

Yes

I find it difficult to believe that anyone could write so much BS in one short page!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:01:40 AM »
Epic isn't it? I especially like one of his "facts" where he gets all confused about the basic architecture of the CSM.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 07:42:27 AM »
Epic isn't it? I especially like one of his "facts" where he gets all confused about the basic architecture of the CSM.
Years ago I had a brief exchange of e-mails with the NASAscam webmaster. I was new to the whole HB scene, and didn't yet understand that rational argument usually doesn't work with the hardcore CT types. IIRC his third reply to me was totally insulting and abusive. Oh well, live and learn! ;D