Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 471538 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #900 on: September 03, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »

...and of course Jarrah with his theory that Apollo 13 didn't have enough fuel to return to Earth until it was pointed out to him that it didn't need to burn the same amount of fuel as the other Apollo missions, as it was on a FRT and not required to enter lunar orbit (I'm not referring to the Mod).
Did he retract that video or at least modify it?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #901 on: September 03, 2015, 07:27:13 PM »
Cool.  Not having visited on, is the hatch covered by Plexiglas and the interior viewed through it?

Yes, but I couldn't make out much of the inside. Still, seeing something that had traveled through searing radiation hell without being test in a vacuum beforehand was quite incredible. I think it was fake though, as the shadows in the Science Museum were not parallel and I noticed a letter J on the floor.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #902 on: September 03, 2015, 07:29:59 PM »
Did he retract that video or at least modify it?

Jarrah retract a video? Hang on, a flock of uni-corned pigs have flow past my window with pots of gold they found at the end of a rainbow. They're being chased by leprechauns flying on magic carpets.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #903 on: September 03, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »

Yes, but I couldn't make out much of the inside. Still, seeing something that had traveled through searing radiation hell without being test in a vacuum beforehand was quite incredible. I think it was fake though, as the shadows in the Science Museum were not parallel and I noticed a letter J on the floor.
Well those NASA boys never thought about the correct testing procedures for anything. ::)
I would have thought a letter C to keep in line with past scripts.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #904 on: September 03, 2015, 07:31:11 PM »

Jarrah retract a video? Hang on, a flock of uni-corned pigs have flow past my window with pots of gold they found at the end of a rainbow. They're being chased by leprechauns flying on magic carpets.
Gotcha
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #905 on: September 03, 2015, 08:06:07 PM »
The way they allegedly sequentially constructed ISS would make it difficult to place the entire ISS into a vacuum chamber. But yes, the individual components should be vacuum tested prior to assembly. I would assume they are.

Why do you assume ISS parts were vacuum tested but not the sublimators?  Why do you accept one scenario (ISS parts) without any evidence, but are unwilling to accept the other scenario (sublimators) after much documentation detailing their testing has been presented?  Why so selective?

If the moon landings were a hoax, then the Surveyor 3 was probably a hoax too.

Earlier you suggested that Surveyor may have been used to collect and return rock and soil samples from the moon.  Do you now reject your earlier hypothesis?

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #906 on: September 03, 2015, 08:26:50 PM »

Neither do you.
But we could PROVE it.
On Earth.
Today.
Would you volunteer to wear the spacesuit in a vacuum chamber?

Why yes I can prove that parts of Surveyor were returned after photography of the lander.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveyor_3

This is the one thing, that one piece of evidence, the one absolute irrefutable piece that totally lays to rest any claim the Apollo landings were faked.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19720019081.pdf

There is absolutely no intelligent method by which this can be refuted.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:35:38 PM by Ishkabibble »
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #907 on: September 03, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »
I expect that the astronauts in tested spacesuits in vacuum chambers would mainly do range of motion tests, practice emergency procedures, practice ingress and egress procedures and gain the indispensable confidence in their equipment at vacuum to perform EVA without being overwhelmed by fear of equipment failure.
Can you articulate why this training would have to be done in a vacuum chamber? Can you think of any alternate methods that would provide the same experience with less hazard to the astronaut?

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #908 on: September 03, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »
Is it like a Diver scheduled to perform a deep dive but all he's allowed to do prior is don his scuba tank, wearing mask, snorkel and fins while posing in front of the pool because it would be immoral for him to dive to the bottom of the deep end?

Wrong. A swimming pool is safer than the deep ocean. A vacuum chamber introduces hazards that do not exist in space.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #909 on: September 03, 2015, 09:14:21 PM »
Good question and I think the major problem we're having in this country is the inability of the majority of its Citizens to confront the possibility that the government is sensationally corrupt to the point of deceiving them about murdering 3000 Americans in their faces on 9-11 and then blaming it on 19 Arabs with boxcutters.

The 9/11 attacks have absolutely nothing to do with Apollo and are therefore off topic in this section of the forum. Any further discussion should be taken to the "Other Conspiracy Theories" section. Ignoring this request will result in you being placed under moderation, which means your posts will require my approval before appearing in the forum.

And by the way, if someone lies about one thing, it doesn't mean they have lied about everything. You don't distrust everything your parents say just because they lied about Santa Claus when you were a kid.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #910 on: September 03, 2015, 09:20:31 PM »
I personally think 9-11 should be treated with the same contempt as Holocaust revision, and banned from the forum.

That is something I have been considering for a long time. I'm leaning in that direction, but haven't made a final decision yet.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #911 on: September 03, 2015, 09:40:40 PM »
it was on a FRT and not required to enter lunar orbit (I'm not referring to the Mod).

I clearly should have given my name some more thought all those years ago... ;)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #912 on: September 03, 2015, 11:11:06 PM »
...seeing something that had traveled through searing radiation hell without being test in a vacuum beforehand was quite incredible. I think it was fake though, as the shadows in the Science Museum were not parallel and I noticed a letter J on the floor.

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #913 on: September 03, 2015, 11:21:18 PM »
it was on a FRT and not required to enter lunar orbit (I'm not referring to the Mod).

I clearly should have given my name some more thought all those years ago... ;)

Both parsing alternatives are equally accurate in this case.

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #914 on: September 04, 2015, 12:03:20 AM »
Neil, my IFR flight students have to know how to handle an airplane if they fly into a thunderstorm inadvertently, particularly in knowing how not to over stress the airframe.  Are you suggesting that I should fly them into a storm to prove the techniques work?

Excellent example. No, I'm not suggesting you fly them into a thunderstorm. I am suggesting that you place them under the hood for many hours as pilot in command during cross country flights, the closest condition you can get to the risk without actually taking the risk of flying into a thunderstorm. Now if the pilot's military mission was to fly through a thunderstorm to reach their target and they didn't perform the necessary requisite hood training before the mission because it was construed as being immoral because it was potentially dangerous, then I would say that was ridiculous.

By the way, do you believe the story about JFK jr. stalling his plane? I had the meager hood training for a private pilots license and I'm confident I could have kept that plane on the straight and level using instruments in those conditions. I believe he was working on his Instrument rating and already had many hours of hood time.

Off topic, but I'll respond.  Many fully rated, experienced IFR pilots have come to grief flying VMC into IMC.  He was essentially flying into a black hole with no horizon, even though the conditions were legally VMC.  If I recall correctly, he didn't stall the aircraft - it was the classic graveyard spiral and it flew into the ocean.  So, no, he, his wife, and his sister-in-law weren't murdered by some cabal, if that's where you're going.

BTW, I have a training technique that I virtually guarantee is one where you'll put yourself in the graveyard spiral, even if you're a multi-thousand hour IFR pilot, within about 90 seconds.  The longest I've seen someone last is about 150 seconds.  I got it from a very wise pilot examiner and use it as an object lesson about how unreliable seat-of-the-pants piloting is.

ETA and back on subject:  If I know the airplane has been tested at the factory, been properly maintained, know the G-load and V-speed limits, and have learned the techniques for flying an aircraft in an inadvertent thunderstorm encounter, then there's no good reason to actually go into a cell.  But your logic says my training and the testing of the aircraft is only valid if I do so.

Now, that usually a self-induced emergency, so it doesn't match up precisely with the spacesuit/sublimator issue.  But take icing as an example.  I have flown  light GA airplanes with known icing equipment, notably the Diamond DA-42 with a "weeping wing".  I've read the approved flight manual, know how the system works, read the relevant training material from the FAA, Jeppesen, ASA, ad infinitum.  Because of this training, I know how to fly the airplane in icing conditions.  Never happened, because, even when conditions were favorable, I never was '"lucky" enough to pick up ice in the airplane (oddly enough, I picked up a boatload of ice in Cherokee when it was supposed to be too warm, but I digress).  Yet, even though I never had the experience of flying in ice I knew the system (not that particular aircraft) had been tested and approved, both at the component level and as an integrated whole.  Thus, I had confidence in it and did not have to take the plane to a full scale icing tunnel to test it before I flew it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:22:26 AM by Sus_pilot »